Indiana Vet for Spay/Pexy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Vet for Spay/Pexy

I am planning to get Bella spayed sometime in June. I just got our GSD neutered and was very unimpressed with my vet office. Needless to say, they treated me like just another number and when I picked him up there was no one that was actually there to tell me how he did. I find this extremely frustrating seeing how he was dropped off 6 hours earlier. There were a few other things that happened, but I won't get into it. I'm not going to cough up $300 bucks for a neuter, just to be treated like my dog doesn't matter. Enough ranting...

Anyone have a vet for a GD spay and pexy? We live close to Terre Haute, but I am willing to drive up to two hours or so. Indy isn't to far. Thank you for any help!

I would highly recomend going into Illinois to see Dr. Schmidt
    Brian D. Schmidt, DVM
    Pine Bluff Animal Hospital
    (815) 942-5365
    vet4me@pinebluff.comcastbiz.net
    7995 E. Pine Bluff Road, Morris, IL 60450

See this thread here.
    Well worth the trip.

~Jeanne, Jason & Emily(6)-The Humans~
    Milly-Harl GD,
    Tank, Tigra Cougie & Jax-The Cat Crew
    www.valparasiokennelclub.com

Comment

Thanks!

They gave me a quote for half the price of the place in Indianapolis! I think I could drive another hour to save $700-800 dollars. Dr. Schmidt seems pretty knowledgable on lapro surgeries reading his bio. Our local vet quoted me $500, for a little more money, I would rather have someone doing the procedure that has done it a couple hundred times.

Comment

My vet recommended Purdue or Indy Vet Referral. kframe9 would you feel comfortable sharing your quote with me?

Comment

Originally posted by misslady View Post
          My vet recommended Purdue or Indy Vet Referral. kframe9 would you feel comfortable sharing your quote with me?
          Thats fine! I should have just wrote it the first time. It will save you the trouble of making phone calls. Bella weighs 120, in case your girl is bigger/smaller.

Pine Bluff said it would be $790 on the high end for a spay and pexy. The spay is done abdominally and the pexy by laproscopy. Lady I spoke with was very friendly and offered to have to doctor call me if needed.

The other clinic I spoke with was Broad Ripple, they quoted me $1500 on the high end, both procedures done lapr. The girl I spoke with was Arica, VERY helpful and knowledgable IMO. She seemed very caring and nice. I make actually start going here for their check ups.

My local vet, that I'm peeved at was $500. Not being done lap and a young vet, so makes me nervous.

I was actually in the Purdue Vet Tech program for almost two years before I switched majors. The vets at Purdue are amazing, some more personable than others. Most of the spays/neuters there were done by Vet students with a DVM watching over.

Let me know if you get any referrals from Indy. I will prob be going to Morris, IL if I don't find anything comparible in Indy or surrounding areas.
          Last edited by kframe9; 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

sent you a PM. So sorry, I misread neuter instead of spay. My suggestions still apply though. Duh, I shouldn't respond late at night

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
            ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
            <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Originally posted by kframe9 View Post
              Thats fine! I should have just wrote it the first time. It will save you the trouble of making phone calls. Bella weighs 120, in case your girl is bigger/smaller.

Pine Bluff said it would be $790 on the high end for a spay and pexy. The spay is done abdominally and the pexy by laproscopy. Lady I spoke with was very friendly and offered to have to doctor call me if needed.

The other clinic I spoke with was Broad Ripple, they quoted me $1500 on the high end, both procedures done lapr. The girl I spoke with was Arica, VERY helpful and knowledgable IMO. She seemed very caring and nice. I make actually start going here for their check ups.

My local vet, that I'm peeved at was $500. Not being done lap and a young vet, so makes me nervous.

I was actually in the Purdue Vet Tech program for almost two years before I switched majors. The vets at Purdue are amazing, some more personable than others. Most of the spays/neuters there were done by Vet students with a DVM watching over.

Let me know if you get any referrals from Indy. I will prob be going to Morris, IL if I don't find anything comparible in Indy or surrounding areas.
              Thank you! $790 is CHEAP! My girl is a bit shy of 8 months so I'm still in the planning & budgeting stage but I intend on calling for quotes sometime in the next week and will share them with you.

Comment

Originally posted by misslady View Post
                Thank you! $790 is CHEAP! My girl is a bit shy of 8 months so I'm still in the planning & budgeting stage but I intend on calling for quotes sometime in the next week and will share them with you.

Bella just went through her heat about two weeks ago, so I am going to wait until June at this point. I appreciate any additional info you get!

Originally posted by intensgrl View Post
                sent you a PM. So sorry, I misread neuter instead of spay. My suggestions still apply though. Duh, I shouldn't respond late at night
                Lol, its ok! I do the same thing

Comment

miss lady,

i'm a technician at a practice in carmel, in. i'm actually having my own dane pexied/spayed next week by dr. pechette, one of our newer additions to the practice who most recently worked at circle city as an ER dvm. she's very familiar with the procedure and i'm sure we'd love to have yours here if you haven't yet found a vet. i couldn't be sure of a price but if you're interested the clinic is companion animal medical center, phone (317) 844-0049

...also, i graduated from purdue's VT program and can tell you they will do a wonderful spay/pexy if you're interested there too. pricing will certainly be higher, but it's another option!

Comment

Originally posted by allitrvt View Post
                    miss lady,

i'm a technician at a practice in carmel, in. i'm actually having my own dane pexied/spayed next week by dr. pechette, one of our newer additions to the practice who most recently worked at circle city as an ER dvm. she's very familiar with the procedure and i'm sure we'd love to have yours here if you haven't yet found a vet. i couldn't be sure of a price but if you're interested the clinic is companion animal medical center, phone (317) 844-0049

...also, i graduated from purdue's VT program and can tell you they will do a wonderful spay/pexy if you're interested there too. pricing will certainly be higher, but it's another option!

How did it go??

Purdue's stuff is expensive, but a half off vt discount was nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X