found female Great Dane - can't keep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found female Great Dane - can't keep

My friend's 18 year old grandson has "found" a young female Great Dane in the Athens, GA area. He doesn't even have a place to live much less keep a dog. His girlfriend's mother is keeping the dog and says it must go as in NOW!

He wants my 73 year old friend in North Augusta, SC to take this dog and build a pen in her back yard for it. She is raising her 8 and 10 year old grandchildren by herself and has no money or time for another pet.

Is there a Great Dane Rescue organization in the Athens or Augusta, GA vicinity?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Originally posted by animal lover View Post
    My friend's 18 year old grandson has "found" a young female Great Dane in the Athens, GA area. He doesn't even have a place to live much less keep a dog. His girlfriend's mother is keeping the dog and says it must go as in NOW!

He wants my 73 year old friend in North Augusta, SC to take this dog and build a pen in her back yard for it. She is raising her 8 and 10 year old grandchildren by herself and has no money or time for another pet.

Is there a Great Dane Rescue organization in the Athens or Augusta, GA vicinity?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you
    Could send me a photo and area of where she was found? Ican post it on FB... It is possible she is missing and her owners might be looking for her.
    I imagine once it gets posted and shared a rescue or foster can be found for her... You can email me the information at
    kmoore24@suddenlink.net

I will see what I can do to assist.
    Kim
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by animal lover View Post

Any help appreciated.

Thank you
      I am aware of several rescues in Augusta and one very familiar with great danes in Statesboro, GA called STARS. STARS has several great danes right now and I personally know of two great danes they rescued that now have great homes.
      This is the website for the STARS rescue!! I would definitely consider contacting them.
      http://www.starsgeorgia.com/

The lady who runs the rescue, her name is Sissy Haskell. if you need any further info, please feel free to message me. If you do contact them, they will probably want as much information about the dog as possible, pictures, etc.

Hope this helps!!
      sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:
      Bonnie - female, pitbull/great dane mix -4 yrs.
      Clyde - male, pitbull - 3 yrs.
      Emma - female, great dane - 19 months

Comment

Working...
      X