X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aristotle
    started a topic Looking for a vet in Orlando

Looking for a vet in Orlando

We will soon be getting a Dane puppy, and wanted to know if anyone has any imput on a vet in the area. Thanks for any info you may have

• Triton & Zeus
    replied
    Originally posted by DaphneandRoscoe View Post
    We need to get together some time!

Tell Dr. Marrison Mary from DeBary, Val and Terry from Deltona and Michele w/the white deafie he spayed sent you. You will love him. He's the Dane vet to go to.

And like I said he did a beautiful job on Ava's spay. I swear the scar is so tiny you can barely see it. She acted like she went for a simple check up after her spay. It was quite an awesome experience. And like I said a lot of the show Dane owners in the area use him.
    Hi Mary, saw your post..... I too am looking for a new vet, as AVS is getting quite expensive. I think I read somewhere. .. about a "laid back, easy going mellow" kind of Dr.???? Is this Dr. Marrison at Longwood Vet Center? I got two 7 year olds when my best friend passed away suddenly. Something in my gut is telling me that turning them over to a rescue just isn't the right thing to do. Also one has epi issues. Does anyone have suggestions on a good quality of food, which requires low fat and low fiber. He is getting an enzyme which MUST BE put on every meal. Thank you so much for any suggestions for big boys "Triton" and "Zeus", Bill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• whitewlf00
    replied
    East Orange Animal Hospital

I highly recommend East Orange Animal Hospital. They are located on East Colonial near Alafaya. Good if you live on the east side of Orlando.

I take Boomer there and the whole staff is great. I have seen several of their vets but I prefer Dr. Rhoden.
    He is very laid back and calm yet very honest.
    It also helps that Boomer loves going there and I don't have to drag him inside.

Their building is alittle old and small which turned me off initially but they do have all the up to date equipment which they showed me on a tour. I was a vet tech for 10 yrs just stopped last year after I got my RN so I could tell.

The last time we were there, he wanted to take him in the back because I wanted them to express his anal glands and I was alittle worried. But as soon as he walked out the door, Boomer walked right out beside him and was like see ya! Rare for him.

Only vet I say to avoid in Orlando is Aloma Jancy and all the Banfields.

Leave a comment:

• Schmoopies
    replied
    We've had Dr. Al Nunez as our Vet for several generations of dogs and cats. If you like lots of TLC and natural medicine along with cutting-edge science, he's your man. He and his whole office took the passing our last Dane very hard. He's practically extended family, AFAIC.

Animal Hospital at Baldwin Park

Leave a comment:

• danemommys
    replied
    I have an appointment tomm a.m. at Longwood with Leo thanks for the referral let u know how it goes. cant wait to see how much my big boy weighs!

Leave a comment:

• DaphneandRoscoe
    replied
    Originally posted by dvdslw View Post
    We decided on the Longwood Vet based soley on their references here on the forum. They are a large well established clinic with extensive dane experience and we were impressed with the professional atmosphere and overall service. If you have an appointment you check in and go straight back to see the doctor, no sitting around. Only problem we had was getting Zoey back because everyone wanted some puppy time!
    Ohhhhh they LOVE Danes at that clinic. One of the girls that works there has a Dane from a local show breeder. They LOVE Danes there. i like that they seem to have a lot of the most up to date/state of the art equipment.

So glad you liked them. I felt Ava was in the best care while there getting her spay. You can't even see the spay scar..it is so tiny. And she was fine the day I brought her home.

Leave a comment:

• dvdslw
    replied
    We decided on the Longwood Vet based soley on their references here on the forum. They are a large well established clinic with extensive dane experience and we were impressed with the professional atmosphere and overall service. If you have an appointment you check in and go straight back to see the doctor, no sitting around. Only problem we had was getting Zoey back because everyone wanted some puppy time!

Leave a comment:

• danemommys
    replied
    Originally posted by dvdslw View Post
    All of the Dane owners I know go to the Longwood Vet Clinic but we used Sheeler Rd Animal Hospital for the 12 years we had our Dobie and were very happy. I called them to ask if the Doctors saw Great Danes on a regular basis and they sad there were quite a few so I'm torn. We have to figure it out soon because our Zoey is due for some shots this week. I plan to visit Sheeler this week and interview them as to their experience with lg breed and Danes in general and after deciding on a vet I will post back my findings.
    Which vet have you decided on? i am in Clermont my other dogs go to Lake Underhill in Orlando. Great vet but not sure experience with Danes? i need to call them.

Leave a comment:

• dvdslw
    replied
    All of the Dane owners I know go to the Longwood Vet Clinic but we used Sheeler Rd Animal Hospital for the 12 years we had our Dobie and were very happy. I called them to ask if the Doctors saw Great Danes on a regular basis and they sad there were quite a few so I'm torn. We have to figure it out soon because our Zoey is due for some shots this week. I plan to visit Sheeler this week and interview them as to their experience with lg breed and Danes in general and after deciding on a vet I will post back my findings.

Leave a comment:

• DaphneandRoscoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Aristotle View Post
    Thanks for the info!! I am glad to know there is someone in town that will be great source of reference!! We live in Hunters Creek, and use South Orl Animal Hosp for our other dogs, but don't mind the drive to Longwood to find a vet that is familiar with Danes. Thanks again!
    We need to get together some time!

Tell Dr. Marrison Mary from DeBary, Val and Terry from Deltona and Michele w/the white deafie he spayed sent you. You will love him. He's the Dane vet to go to.

And like I said he did a beautiful job on Ava's spay. I swear the scar is so tiny you can barely see it. She acted like she went for a simple check up after her spay. It was quite an awesome experience. And like I said a lot of the show Dane owners in the area use him.

Leave a comment:

• Aristotle
    replied
    Thanks for the info!! I am glad to know there is someone in town that will be great source of reference!! We live in Hunters Creek, and use South Orl Animal Hosp for our other dogs, but don't mind the drive to Longwood to find a vet that is familiar with Danes. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• isa aldawolfa
    replied
    While I was in Fl I used Kindred Spirits in Orlando. On South OBT. They were really great the couple times we went in before I moved. Dr. Kindred is very kind, and patient and his techs were great! Even though he is not extremely experienced with danes (he is younger), he is very adamant about continuous learning and really cares for his clients.

Michele (daphneandroscoe) is a great reference for danes and the orlando area (much more experienced than I in both areas) so if Longwood is convenient for you, I would take her reference, but it never hurts to have options

Leave a comment:

• DaphneandRoscoe
    replied
    I know of an awesome vet. A lot of local breeders use him. It is Longwood Vet Clinic on S.R. 434. Rick Marrison is the DVM. He did Ava's spay and I can't say enough about Dr. Marrison. Her spay scar is so small you can't even tell she was spayed. Very caring, calls w/updates and has all the state of the art equipment. Very Dane savvy Vet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X