Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Dane Vet In San Diego California

Hello,

We just moved to Southern California from the East Coast. We have older Danes 5 &6 years old. We are very strict on keeping up with all of their veterinary needs. I have been to 3 vets here and non of them are good. Please help. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Why don't you check with the GC Club of San Diego. They should be able to help you.
    http://www.gdcsd.org/

Martha
    sigpic

Comment

I sent you a PM with the name and number of a vet in San Diego. He's the one all the GDCSD members use. He's good.

Comment

Hey, Ruby, can you pm me with that as well? I'm in encinitas and i've just about had it with all of the vest i've tried so far. However, the UC Davis hospital is top notch for serious surgeries as I found out. I just need a solid day to day vet.
        thanks.

Originally posted by Rubystone View Post
        I sent you a PM with the name and number of a vet in San Diego. He's the one all the GDCSD members use. He's good.
        sigpic
        Chloe

RIP Chaos! July 25, 2009 - Sep 4, 2015. Your sister and I miss you deeply, but will see you again some day!

Comment

Originally posted by will View Post
          Hey, Ruby, can you pm me with that as well? I'm in encinitas and i've just about had it with all of the vest i've tried so far. However, the UC Davis hospital is top notch for serious surgeries as I found out. I just need a solid day to day vet.
          thanks.
          Just did.

Comment

Ruby, any chance I can get this info as well. I live in Vista.

Thanks
            Rob

Comment

would love that vet information as well..

Comment

I'm not sure why information on vets isn't being posted directly in these folders...isn't that what they are here for?

Here is the vet I used for Murphy's neuter & pexy. He is the same vet the GDCSD uses, and I believe the local GD rescue also uses him.

Dr. Gary Simpson @ Spring Valley Veterinary Clinic
                9973 Campo Rd
                Spring Valley, CA 91977
                (619) 660-1114
                sigpic
                Debbie & Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by DebinSD View Post
                  I'm not sure why information on vets isn't being posted directly in these folders...isn't that what they are here for?

Here is the vet I used for Murphy's neuter & pexy. He is the same vet the GDCSD uses, and I believe the local GD rescue also uses him.

Dr. Gary Simpson @ Spring Valley Veterinary Clinic
                  9973 Campo Rd
                  Spring Valley, CA 91977
                  (619) 660-1114
                  Dr. Simpson is excellent. When I lived there I used Main Street Animal Hospital on Main in San Diego. Near main gate of the base. Loved them.

Dee
                  sigpic

Comment

FYI, we called Dr. Simpson to have Kona our 1 year old neutered and pexied and the office said they are not taking new patients Does anyone have another vet they recommend?
                    ~ Cathy
                    Kona's Momma

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
                      FYI, we called Dr. Simpson to have Kona our 1 year old neutered and pexied and the office said they are not taking new patients Does anyone have another vet they recommend?
                      that's what they told me when I first called for Murphy last year. You might want to contact the Great Dane Club of San Diego and see if they have anyone else they can recommend, but when I mentioned to Dr. Simpson that the GD club had referred me, they agreed to let Murphy become a patient. Maybe try that angle?

good luck!
                      sigpic
                      Debbie & Murphy

Comment

Thanks Debbie! He is getting neutered/pexied today and we decided to take Kona to Avocado Animal Hospital in Fallbrook. They did his ear cropping and we were pretty happy with the result and the service we received during the whole process. They confirmed that they have a lot of experience in gastropexy so that put us at ease. We thought about calling Dr. Simpson using the GDCSD angle, but we figured he's not taking in new patients for a reason. He is staying overnight so they can monitor him, we miss him so much already!
                        ~ Cathy
                        Kona's Momma

Comment

Dr. Simpson only takes referrals, so if you can get a current patient/owner to refer you, you might get in. It's been 4 years since I used him for neuter/pexy on Bentley, so my name isn't any good. You should also post this request on San Diego great dane meet up site, there may be current patients there that can help.

Kyle

Comment

Working...
                          X