Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello....

Hi everyone,
    I've been on here for a while now and have been reading a lot of the posts. I figured it was time I finally introduce myself. I don't currently own a dane, my life right now is sort of up in the air as I graduated from Michigan State University in May of '04 and will be returning to school to pursue my masters. I am however fostering a mixed breed with a rescue organization in Atlanta, her name is Skittles and she's a handful and I love her. I grew up with danes and my parents currently have 2 danes that we got at 5 weeks old from rescue about 5 years ago. Our 2 danes, Tiffany and Isabella, are the result of poor breeding: both are deaf and Tiffany has multiple problems with her eyesight. We were told by the rescue that the breeder was trying to get rid of the pups a.s.a.p. before potential buyers would see the 2 all white pups in the litter. I am very excited to move back home while I'm in school so I can be with the dogs (and my family too of course). I started looking at this site because I know someday when my life is more stable I want to own danes (a least 3 years from now, maybe 10 if I go to med school too). I really enjoy learning from everyone's posts and I've learned so much just in the past 3 months.

-Ashley

Pics of our danes: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid6293065
    Pics of my foster dog: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid4968610

RE: Hello....

Welcome Ashley! Congratulations on your graduation!!
    That's wonderful that you can help Skittles even though you are so busy. I commend you on waiting until the right time to have Danes.

Comment

RE: Hello....

Ashley:
      Welcome to DOL - Go Spartans!!!! (I graduated from MSU in 1997).
      As you've already learned there is a lot of great info here.
      Good luck w/ your graduate studies.
      Sara

Comment

Working...
      X