Hi from MN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from MN

Hi all! Not new to danes but new to this group.
    We recently had our not quite 8 year old dane put down due to a mass in his abdomen.
    We said we were done with dogs after Nitro (our dane). In the last couple weeks we have been helping our adult son look for a dane. And now my husband has started talking about getting another one for us as well. So here I am.

Welcome! So sorry you had to put down your other Dane

Please check out the ABCs of buying from a reputable breeder, which can be found by clicking on the giant "DOL" at the top of the screen. They are under "Puppy buyer 'Must Read' links".

Good luck, and keep us updated!
    sigpic
    Willow and Liv

Comment

I'm in MN, too, west of Minneapolis. I've had at least one rescue dane in my life since 1998. They break your heart when they go, and then, poof, there's another one that needs you.
      Tracy
      sigpic
      Mouse April 2010
      Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Hello and welcome, I'm from MN as well . Do be cautious when looking for a breeder, unless you're thinking of rescuing. If you are going the puppy route, do some research into any breeders you're looking into. There are a lot of byb's here. Otherwise, there are plenty of danes (pups and adults) in various rescues across the state.
        ~Kelsey, mom to~
        Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
        Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
        Cece- Calico 4 years
        Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Not on subject but Nitro says Hi from Iowa.

Comment

Thanks all! We have done our homework and have picked a breeder. Now we just play the waiting game to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Working...
            X