Travel advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel advice

Lucy is three years old. She is very quiet and well mannered. I am hoping to travel with her to Florida in the winter and wondering if anyone has info about places to stay that are Dane friendly in south Florida.

Are you looking for hotels (that's my assumption?) - have you tried http://www.dogfriendly.com/ ? We had great success in the past with that site - at least as a starting point.

Comment

If you check out AirBnB as well, there are several dog/dane friendly places to stay! :-)

Comment

Is she crate trained? Even though my dogs are normally fine left out, I crate them when we have to leave them alone in a strange place (like going out for supper).

Some Hiltons allow big dogs, at least the one near my house does.

Comment

When we travel with our boys I stick pretty much exclusively to LQ. It's the only hotel chain I've consistently not had issues about their size or had to pay a crazy pet fee.
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

We just stayed with our 3 dogs at a residence inn. We had to get a "suite" bc it was more than 2 dogs but the "dog fee" did not change. It was not bad at all, kinda nice with the extra sitting areas too gave them more space to move about. FYI I found the hotel on the bring fido app
            sigpic
            Bailey (Choc Lab), Jasmin (GD), Dakota (GD)
            Ashley & Chloe (Himalayan)
            In Memory of our beloved Jake
            forever in our hearts

Comment

Originally posted by mom4jazzie View Post
              We just stayed with our 3 dogs at a residence inn. We had to get a "suite" bc it was more than 2 dogs but the "dog fee" did not change. It was not bad at all, kinda nice with the extra sitting areas too gave them more space to move about. FYI I found the hotel on the bring fido app
              Yup - we always look for Marriott Residence Inns too - I love having a kitchen when we travel!
              -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Red Roof Inn is also pet friendly, with no size limit and no extra pet fee.
                sigpic

Comment

We have traveled often with our Lg Chocolate Lab and now with our Dane. So we have 2 very big dogs. We have recently traveled to the panhandle of Florida and stayed in the Baymont Inn Chain with no exorbitant fees for the kids to stay. We have also stayed at Days Inn and LaQuinta Inn with our group. Some Ramada Inns will also allow pets. I have also found places on bringfido.com when we traveled to Upstate Arkansas (Buffalo River area). Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki Love View Post
                    Are you looking for hotels (that's my assumption?) - have you tried? We had great success in the past with that site - at least as a starting point.
                    Really interesting and useful variant to find an opportunity of high-quality trip. That is the reason I'd better work with a reliable company like this and get all the advantages. To make sure that everything is done here greatly.
                    Last edited by ReneeDavis; 02-22-2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReneeDavis View Post

Really interesting and useful variant to find an opportunity of high-quality trip. That is the reason I'd better work with a reliable company this and get all the advantages. To make sure that everything is done here greatly.
                      Agree. The thing is that if you are looking for the high quality agent, you have no need to cooperate on the others. Especially if you have enough comments and opinions provided by your friends.
                      Last edited by placygilmort; 08-24-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X