Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally met our new baby on Saturday! (Photos)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally met our new baby on Saturday! (Photos)

Hey guys,

Already introduced myself here, but now I get to introduce you to my puppy!

We got to meet him and his brothers/sisters on Saturday. He turns 8 weeks old on Saturday, 5/14, and that's when we bring him home!

His name is Horton, and he's an absolute mush! My fiancee and I couldn't possibly be more excited to enter the world of Dane ownership!

He so cute and I love his name! I remember you saying you dodged a BYB. So glad you decided to turn them down and buy from a reputable breeder who shows and health tests. Only 5 more days.....
    sigpic
    Willow and Liv

Comment

He is so adorable! That black front leg is super cute I'm so glad everything worked out for you and I look forward to more updates in the future!
      sigpic

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats

Comment

Is this cutie from VA? Just curious. Congrats!
          ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
            Is this cutie from VA? Just curious. Congrats!
            He sure is! Are you familiar with the breeder?

Comment

I considered her before getting mine (7 years ago) but she didn't have what I was looking for at the time (male Harl) and I was impatient and stupid and ended up with a not so great breeder. I look at her site a lot though and would def consider her for the next one.
              ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                I considered her before getting mine (7 years ago) but she didn't have what I was looking for at the time (male Harl) and I was impatient and stupid and ended up with a not so great breeder.
                Yep, same thing happened with me. I knew of a great breeder who showed and health tested, but she didn't have any pups available at the time, and was going to breed a Blues next, which I didn't want. I become stupid and impatient and ended up buying from a BYB
                sigpic
                Willow and Liv

Comment

That puppy is adorable! I know they're not ideal show markings, but I really like the heavier marked harls with big merle spots. That one black sleeve is cool Congrats on the new puppy! We expect lots of pics the second he gets home! Also, is his name from Horton hears a who?
                  sigpic
                  Chaucey
                  Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

I love the big goofy heads of dane pups! Super cute pup. Congratulations.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
                      That puppy is adorable! I know they're not ideal show markings, but I really like the heavier marked harls with big merle spots. That one black sleeve is cool Congrats on the new puppy! We expect lots of pics the second he gets home! Also, is his name from Horton hears a who?
                      I've actually fallen in love with his markings! From the first photo of the litter that she sent to me, he caught my eye because of the black "sleeve". I think it makes him look like a badass.

He also has one on his back leg, but on the other side. I think it gives him a pretty unique look. And those eyes just pull me in every time I look at them.

We didn't get him for show, so the fact that he has big patches doesn't bother us at all.

I promise I'll share a ton of photos when we get him home, and throughout his life! And yes, his name is from Horton Hears a Who. We thought it fitting for so many reasons, obviously starting with his size!

Comment

Those eyes! Irresistible... Congrats, he looks like a keeper!!! 😊
                        -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
                          Same. I far prefer a heavily marked harle to a perfectly show marked one, as far as my own personal aesthetic goes
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh my he is so handsome! I used to tell my husband it's a good thing puppies are cute because you put up with their foolishness. Horton looks like he would never do anything wrong, though! Congrats!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by junogriffin View Post
                              Oh my he is so handsome! I used to tell my husband it's a good thing puppies are cute because you put up with their foolishness. Horton looks like he would never do anything wrong, though! Congrats!
                              Something makes me think he's deceiving you with those big blue puppy eyes! I'm sure I'll be sharing plenty of stories on here about the 'wrong' that he's going to get himself into!

Comment

Working...
                              X