Greetings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Hello! I just joined today, but am already learning many things. I am very glad I found this forum for sure

Anyways, I came here to get more info on Danes, and to just talk about them in general. I am very interested in getting a Dane in the future, though at this point I am not even close to ready, but I figured I would use that time to learn as much as I can about them.

I am not new to the breed, though I have never owned one, I did work for a breeder a few years back, I went over daily to help, so I got a lot of experience with them, I even got to help with a whelping. Sadly though they are no longer breeding because of major and unexpected health problems that made it impossible for them to take care of their dogs.. So sadly it didn't last for as long as I would have liked, but it was long enough for me to fall in love with the breed and ever since then, I have wanted a Dane.

I hope that in a few years or so I will be ready, but at this point I am not sure, so just have to wait and see, but until then I look forward to learning as much as I can about the breed and look forward to talking with you all!

Hello and welcome!!!! Good for you to really get to know the breed before jumping in!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by karenNJ View Post
      Hello and welcome!!!! Good for you to really get to know the breed before jumping in!
      Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I have been taught to never take any decision lightly, and to avoid just jumping into most things, especially when it has to do something like this. I am well aware that a dog is a long term commitment. I have never owned a dog, but have raised one, and am currently raising another litter of foster pups, and have had several foster dogs, along with being surrounded by neighbors and friends who have dogs, so I am also aware of how much work dogs can be, but that has made me want a dog all the more!

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you! You can get your Dane fix here until you're ready for one of your own
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
          Welcome, glad to have you! You can get your Dane fix here until you're ready for one of your own
          Thank you! Lol, I most likely will. I have many questions and hopefully I can get them answered on here.

Comment

Welcome! So much information on this forum-- dig in!
            sigpic
            “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Comment

Welcome, lots of helpful information here.

Comment

Thank you both for the welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X