our new girl!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our new girl!!

Hi everyone, this is my first post here! I want to introduce you to our baby girl....Elsa (we are still working on names but so far we like Elsa the best. She will be ready to come home on January 23 and we are so excited! !
    Attached Files

Welcome and congrats!!

I'm guessing you are in Canada?? Where abouts?
    Donna
    Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
    Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
    Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Thank-you
      We are in Ontario

Comment

We are as well. Lots of DOL members from Ontario.
        Donna
        Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
        Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
        Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus' Mom View Post
          Welcome and congrats!!

I'm guessing you are in Canada?? Where abouts?
          I kept looking around, how did she know?!? DUH the name

You pup is adorable!!!
          sigpic
          Duke - 5/13/14

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats and welcome! What a cutie pie!
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Cute puppy
              sigpic
              Chaucey
              Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Such a cutie. Welcome to the group.

I'm also from Ontario but live in the U.S. now. We are planning a trip to visit in Feb if we can recover from Christmas by then lol.
                sigpicBae and Chip hanging out together for the first time.

Comment

Thank-you for the warm welcomes! We are extremely excited to get our girl home! Now to puppy proof the house and get ready! Lots of ddecisions.....ears, pet insurance, and the hardest one...a name!! This is our first Dane. ..we have always had English bulldogs, still have a 6 year old stubborn boy.
                  This is a great forum and glad I found it.

Happy New Years!!
                  Vanessa

Comment

Originally posted by canadiangirl35 View Post
                    Thank-you for the warm welcomes! We are extremely excited to get our girl home! Now to puppy proof the house and get ready! Lots of ddecisions.....ears, pet insurance, and the hardest one...a name!! This is our first Dane. ..we have always had English bulldogs, still have a 6 year old stubborn boy.
                    This is a great forum and glad I found it.

Happy New Years!!
                    Vanessa
                    Are you planning on crate training? We did and its great knowing she is in a safe place at night or when we have to leave her at home. She can't get into anything.
                    sigpicBae and Chip hanging out together for the first time.

Comment

We will be crate training but for days that keep us away a bit longer, we plan to puppy proof a safe room with fresh water and a soft bed.

Comment

I would talk to your breeder about ear cropping before you make a decision. Reputable breeders will either have the ears done before you pick up the puppy, or will be able to give you resources as to where to go. It's a lot of work for the aftercare...worth it if you're willing to do the work, but don't crop unless you're sure you're up for it. Finn was cropped at 7 weeks and we picked him up at 9 weeks once the stitches were out. His breeder sent us to a well known Dane handler nearby to show us how to tape since he's our first cropped dog.

I highly recommend pet insurance, and sign her up as soon as she gets home. I have Healthy Paws, and lots of people here have Embrace and Trupanion.

It took my husband and I like 8 months to pick a name for Finn that we agreed on...yet we picked out future baby names in 15 minutes . Hubby won a coin toss and got final pick for the call name and I picked the registered name. Asaah came with her name. I take it someone in the house is a Frozen fan?
                        sigpic
                        Chaucey
                        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

The breeder is taking the pups to a vet in London that specializes in ear crops. We are going for the medium crop.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiangirl35 View Post
                            We will be crate training but for days that keep us away a bit longer, we plan to puppy proof a safe room with fresh water and a soft bed.
                            Just be warned that a great dane pup can cause a lot of significant damage quickly. Especially once they get a couple months older. I have a x-pen i converted into a crate and I also gated off a room in the house for him when I was home to give him a bit more space when I was not watching him closely. In just 30min time at 10months he got bored and started to chew things. He chewed the corner off 2 pieces of furniture and started to chew my window trim! Thankfully I caught him before he did too much damage to the trim. Just be warned, a room has to be pretty much empty if you have a chewer to be completely safe. I remember seeing a picture on here of a dane sitting next to a hole in the sheetrock (basically ripped it off the wall)!
                            sigpic

Comment

Eli eats sheetrock too. If he's not tired enough and I let him nap in my room he will pretend hes napping but will actually be licking and chewing the sheetrock next to my bed. I'm hoping this is something he'll grow out of but so far I've had to spackle the wall about 7 times. To make sure theres no damage, you might consider a large kennel. I think someone on here mentioned they bought the portable kennel type, like this, and set them up in their basement. Its a great idea imo if you have space for it and after the pup is potty trained.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X