Introducing Gracie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Gracie

I'd like to introduce myself and my puppy Gracie to the forum! Gracie is a special girl and has an interesting story. We rescued her from our local pound where she had been brought in very underweight and afraid. From the moment I met her though, I knew she was my dog. She immediately nuzzled into me and when I looked into her scared, sweet eyes, I knew I would be taking her home with me.
    The shelter had to keep her for nearly two weeks to make sure that she would put on weight and be healthy enough to adopt-- but their veterinarian gave her a clean bill of health, and we brought her home as soon as they would let us. They told us that she was a Great Dane, and was probably about 6 months old, but because she was so undernourished, was small for her age. We brought her home, and, though she looks just a Dane, we had a hard time believing that was the only breed in her, as she was just so small (26 inches and 55 lbs at 6 months!) We ordered a DNA test for her, and the results came back-- 100% Great Dane. We call her our mini-Dane! She is 8 months old now, and measures 27 inches and 70 lbs. She will probably never be a huge dog, but she has more than enough personality and love to make up for it!
    Gracie is the sweetest and most intelligent girl you can imagine! She has really come out of her shell and loves to play with her friends at the dog park. She is still a little shy around new people, but warms up quickly and loves to have her belly rubbed.
    I'm really looking forward to joining other Dane lovers on this forum! My fiance thinks I'm obsessed (and he's probably right) but I just can't get enough of my new little girl!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

So glad you were able to give Gracie a loving home. She is adorable!
    Keena

sigpic

Comment

Welcome Gracie!!! You'll be surprised with what she could do in the next few months with some TLC and good food!

She beautiful and glad y'all found each other!!!
      sigpic
      Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
      Titan - GD
      Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
      Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
      Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Congratulations! Thanks for rescuing her.

Comment

She's beautiful! Glad y'all found each other.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Lucky to have found each other!!! Thanks for giving her a home....you'll gsll on love with the breed!
            sigpicKelly

Comment

She is a cutie - have fun with her and post lots of pics of course!!! (We DOLers never get tired of them!)
              -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

She's so cute!!!
                sigpic 6/20/14 Parros

Comment

She is beautiful. I have a soft spot for black's.

Welcome to DOL.......i think we are all obsessed with our babies!!! I know i sure am.
                  Donna
                  Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
                  Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
                  Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X