Bear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear

So I am officially welcoming Bear to our family. Bear is a 10 month old male. He is settling in at home and has been excellent with our family members, including my 3 young children. Both he and my current dog had a bit of a resource guarding situation for the first few days but I have been working on counter conditioning and positive reinforcement and the incidents seem to have declined. I got him Saturday and today is Tuesday and he growled at my girl this morning but then I spent the entire day doing things with them together (dog park, walks, training, trip to the beach) and they are both TIRED and doing well. I am hoping as they figure out each others boundaries they will actually become friends and not just tolerate each other. It is possible right? To be fair it has only been 4 days so I guess I should be happy we are doing as well as we are. My swiss mountain dog (she is a spayed 8yr female) usually loves other dogs but she has not lived with another dog in the home for a good 4+ yrs. Bear has met strange dogs a few times and has been great with them. My swissy is about 108lbs and pretty stocky for a female. Now with Bear in the house my perception of my swissy has changed completely. I used to think of her as a big dog but now she just looks fat and squatty! Anyway, I have always dreamed of having a dane and I hope everything works out and my fur babies can become friends!

Dane pup.jpg Dane pup2.jpg 560255_10151493651742813_344650919_n.jpg
    Last edited by karenNJ; 11-25-2014, 11:13 PM.
    sigpic

welcome Bear - What a beautiful pup!
    sigpic
    Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
    Titan - GD
    Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
    Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
    Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Great looking dogs!

Comment

He is georgous!
        Donna
        Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
        Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
        Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

What a handsome boy! I'm sure with a little time they will become friends
          sigpic
          Wally - 5/16/2014 (Fawn Male)

Comment

I hope they settle their differences cause I'd hate to give up that gorgeous boy! Good luck!
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

well our first time out in public and some guy approaches us to ask if we would like to breed him. I kindly declined and told him he is a pet and will be neutered soon. Then the guy asks if I am sure and says I'll get a free pup out of the deal. And I guess that is how byb's work!
              sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous boy! No wonder someone wants to breed him. Both of your dogs look beautiful, I hope they become friends!
                sigpic
                “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Comment

He's a very handsome boy!

Comment

Beautiful boy! I have a weakness for blacks, and yet here I am with a house full of white lol. Hope your boys get it all worked out!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    Fergus
                    SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                    Eisen Shark
                    C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Working...
                    X