Introducing myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hi! I'm in Arkansas and recently rescued a Dane. I responded to an ad on Craigslist where someone needed to rehome a Dane that day. The pics made us wonder if she was full Dane, but we were the first to get the address and drove the hour to pick her up. She was apparently left to freeze and starve by the craigslister's brother because she had belonged to his ex-fiancÚ. They took her and bathed her and kept her for the night. They said she was about a year and a half old. She was a bit on the skinny side and we thought at the very least we could fatten her up and find a good home for her. Anyway, this is the BEST dog I've ever had (and it's been just over a week). She was never inside before, but she already acts like she's been inside her whole life. Has only had two accidents and now does her business first thing when I let her out. She is my shadow, rarely letting me out of her sight. Awesome with my kids. They can climb over her or whatever and she never even bats an eye. Counter surfing and trash ravaging seem to be our major hurdles now. My husband decided on the name Hennessy for no particular reason. She and my malinois get along so well. Just wish my Boerboel wouldn't mistake her height for attempting to be dominant :/ (he has never seen a dog taller than him ha!)
    I was wondering if someone could tell me what color pattern she is. I've never seen it before.

Didn't mean to write a book...

-Sonya

Welcome to the board! Thank you for rescuing your piebald merle Dane. Good luck with her.
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Congrats! She's a beauty. I'm a bit partial to the merle pie balds.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Thanks for taking her in. She is pretty
        sigpic
        Duke - 5/13/14

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome, she's a pretty girl!

Comment

Thank you! And thanks for the pattern name. I knew it was Merle, but I've never seen the spots all over like that.

I have another question...is this normal? I was originally paranoid it was cherry eye, and will definitely ask a vet if it's 'abnormal'. It's only the one eye and the membrane on the other eye extends just as far, but it's black.

-Sonya

Comment

Welcome, she is a beauty, I love her coat! The eye appears normal to me, for a Dane. Mine is the same way, and at first I thought he had cherry eye. But cherry eye is normally more pronounced, I believe. Others who know more than me will chime in!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome. What a cutie!!
                Donna
                Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
                Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
                Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X