not sure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure

Not sure if anyone is paying attention...but I was suppose to have a dane puppy this summer. My first choice breeder didn't work out. (small litter and didn't have what I wanted) and my second breeder didn't work out either

I decided not to get a dane right now. I will wait to see if my 1st choice breeder breeds again in a few years.

Have you considered rescuing a Dane or even fostering until a puppy comes along?
    Julie
    Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
    RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
    Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
    sigpic

Comment

Sad to hear that things didnt pan out..yet
      it is good you are holding out and not jumping on the first pup you see

Comment

I have considered a rescue and have been actively looking...I do have young children in the house, so *most* of the time I am not considered a good candidate. Not sure fostering is for me...I would certainly get attached!!

I can wait....

Comment

Kudos for waiting for the right time
          sigpic
          Deb

Duke and Ivy

Comment

I really admire your patience.. it's really a quality not many people have anymore (myself included) and you can be sure when you get that pup, it will be so worth it!
            sigpic

my beautiful blue-eyed babe

Comment

I'm sorry. This has happened to me twice with my first choice of breeder. First time it didn't take, second time there wasn't a male for me. I was going to wait till they bred again but did some casual inquiries to see if there might be any other options and I found one, in a great breeder. So hopefully will work out for me this time. You'll get your dane puppy in the end - it'll be worth the wait I'm sure.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X