Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dane Owner

Hi
    My name is Carole and I live in Ridgeley WV. I have had my harlequin dane, Atticus for a week. I also have a 9 1/2 year old golden and a 2 year old Coton de Tulear. I'm feeding my dane Kibble along with a raw chicken leg. This is how my breeder feeds her dogs. I feed my other two dogs Taste of the Wild, but I was afraid that the protein level was too high for Atticus. What do you all think?
    Attached Files

Many people here feed TOTW. Its an excellent choice.

Studies have shown protein is not what causes issues. Its calcium and phosphorus ratios, over feeding, lots of fillers boosting too many calories, etc.

Many people will suggest NOT mixing raw and kibble together. Honestly though more and more people seem to be doing it on other forums I am on and never have issues...so that is a personal preference IMO. It used to be thought that they digested at different rates which could cause issues with the raw but lots of people have been questioning that and I admit, it does not really concern me any longer.

Comment

Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new one! Personally I feed Fromm, but many people on here feed totw & I've heard many great things
      - Jordan & Eleanor (xxx's Words of Wisdom from Ms. Rigby)

Comment

Working...
      X