Hello from Illinois! So excited...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Illinois! So excited...

I have always wanted a Great Dane and our family situation will finally allow for one and I am just super giddy. We recently went to a local rescue and met some great dogs. Can't wait till we get the call for the one we can bring home. For now, I want to read all I can and learn all I can because (IMHO) the more informed the better

Hello from across the river

Exciting times, can't wait to see what dane you end up with

Comment

welcome! where are you in illinois?
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
        welcome! where are you in illinois?

Yes, tell us other Illinoisans where you are............lol. Welcome! How exciting to finally get your dane. I volunteer with rescue, so if that one doesn't work out, there are several others around.
        sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

We are located in Crystal Lake... where is everyone else from in Illinois?

Comment

Springfield, IL here

Debbie
            Life-long dog owner, but first time Great Dane owner
            "Gilligan" (born 5.7.2013)

Comment

middle of nowhere here, a/k/a winchester.

crystal lake is a suburb of chicago, right? there are several DOLers who live up your way.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Yep... Crystal Lake is considered in the Northwest Suburbs

Comment

We are in Deer Park (just outside of Barrington), although at the moment we don't have a Dane. Ours died last March.

Comment

I am in Montgomery/Oswego/Boulder Hill (take your pic, I'm in all 3)............which is near Aurora.
                    sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Originally posted by alf7199 View Post
                      We are located in Crystal Lake... where is everyone else from in Illinois?
                      I'm a Crystal Lake Central graduate.... Many moons ago LOL
                      But not living in Illinois now. Still have grown kids and family there though.

Welcome
                      Hope your new fur baby comes to you soon! We have one adopted 'Bella' and are in the process of another right now. I think rescuing an older Dane is a great way to start one's Dane Addiction.
                      Jacki___________________
                      Molly: 4.5 yr old Chihuahua/Dachshund - Fawn
                      Bella: 2.5 yr Dane - Black. Harley: 3 yr Dane - Merle. Oliver: 5 yr old Feline Furball - Grey/White
                      sigpic

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." — Martin Buber

Comment

Wauconda! Are you working with the rescue in Woodstock?
                        sigpic
                        Deb

Duke and Ivy

Comment

Yes, we are currently working with the group in Woodstock.

Wauconda is just up the road from me

Comment

I got my Dane from Gdrm! Barrington Hills in the house!
                            sigpic
                            6 year old brindle male GD
                            3 year old black female GD

Comment

Hi and welcome to DOL.

I live in Woodstock, IL and volunteer at GDRM. If you have come to visit dogs, chances are we have met. We have a couple really sweet boys available right now. One is a lap sitter and extremely affectionate - I particularly enjoy spending time with him. I look forward to meeting you and seeing which lucky pup goes home with you.

Maggies, when did you adopt from GDRM, and do you remember your dogs name when he was at The Farm? You don't happen to have a Rottweiler named Sophie?

How cool for me to know that some of the rescue babies I have cared for are DOL Danes now.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                              ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                              <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Working...
                              X