My First Dane... Emma!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Dane... Emma!

I just adopted Emma, a 3 yr old blue spayed female, last week. A year ago she was surrendered to Oregon Humane Society because her living situation had become so stressful that she was anorexic and an emaciated 98lbs. A vet tech at OHS adopted her, and in the past year she has gained 21 lbs. Unexpected circumstances forced him to look for her third (and final) home, and I was fortunate enough to find her! She is so friendly, sweet, smart, affectionate, gentle, (...I could go on and on...) and I absolutely adore her

She is adjusting to her new home without any stress-induced anorexia, though she’s still pretty bony and needs to gain ~15 more pounds. I'm in the process of transitioning her onto raw and she LOVES it!

Emma has quickly become the center of my world, and I already can't imagine my life without her. I have wanted a Dane for many years, and I now know that I will never be without at least one

Thanks to everyone on this forum for contributing to such a wonderful and reliable source of information about caring for this delicate breed!

-Amanda-

Amanda & Emma

Emma is a beautiful girl! Thank you for rescuing her!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Congrats! I like her name
      sigpic

Comment

Amazing beauty and you are a wonderful Human Forever Mom!!

Comment

oh what a sweet face!! congrats and thanks for giving emma a forever home. she is just lovely.

oh and, yipeee RAW!!
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Rescues can be so rewarding! I'm glad Emma found you. Most of them do so well on raw it isn't funny.

I have to watch my kids weight as they pork up pretty quickly depending on what meat and fat they are eating. The skin and fat from chicken leg quarters is guaranteed to put weight on Ximmy especially, so once you have her fully switched and stools are good, you can use the skin and fat to help add weight slowly.
            sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Welcome

Emma is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for taking her in, she looks very content now!
              sigpic
              Emily
              Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
              Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
              Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

Emma is beautiful! Thank you for loving her. Keep us posted, we like pictures!
                sigpic
                Cara, Wife to Tony, Mom to...
                2 great kids, Anthony Jr. (12) and Olivia (5)
                Molly, my first Dane (2)
                Aspen, my deafie rescue girl (4)
                Crosby, my wobbly rescue boy *RIP* at 20 months.

Comment

Welcome to DOL! Emma is so pretty. Thank you for giving her a wonderful forever home!
                  sigpic Brenda
                  RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                  Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Congrats she is beautiful! I have an Emma too!
                    "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
                    sigpic
                    Rocky & Emma
                    Follow our adventures at
                    www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

Thank you for rescuing her and welcome to DOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Emma is beautiful!! Welcome to DOL!

Comment

Congrats! She is beautiful!!
                          sigpic
                          *♫ Let Everything that has breath praise the Lord ♫*

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you all!!

Turns out some of the info I listed in that bio isn't accurate...according to the humane society records I just received, her previous owner only had her for ~6 weeks. She DID gain 21 lbs in her time with him though, so she just put it on a lot faster than I thought. He also told me that he did bloodwork and an orthopedic check prior to adopting her (he's a vet tech at the humane society she was surrendered to), but he kept telling me he'd send those records and never did, and now he has stopped responding to me...slightly concerning and confusing that he lied to me, but I guess it doesn't matter at this point...I will just run my own bloodwork for peace of mind/baseline values

Originally posted by HarlequinHorror View Post
                            Congrats! I like her name
                            Originally posted by thisiscyndi View Post
                            Congrats she is beautiful! I have an Emma too!
                            I love the name Emma, plus it's German just like Danes!
                            Last edited by INFJND; 05-28-2012, 05:51 AM.
                            Amanda & Emma

Comment

She looks a lot like one of the danes on here...wonder if they are from the same lines. Congrats on your new girl, she's lovely!
                              Katie & Scarlett
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X