X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    started a topic New Member map

New Member map

The new Guest Map is HERE. To use the map, first do a search for your location and then add your details in the popup. If this map works OK we will pay the donation to upgrade.

Alternatively, just post where you live.

• Ehendo1971
    replied
    Hello Everyone.... My name is Eric, and live in Upstate New York near Syracuse. I have a Blue Merle (profile pic) that is almost 2 yrs old. This is my first Great Dane and am absolutely in love with my dog. He is a 9great companion and goes everywhere with me. I joined this group because he has stopped gaining weight and want to get some information about his weight. He is 37 inches tall and weighs about 140 lbs. He's eating between 10 and 12 cups of food a day with cottage cheese and pumpkin mixed in. We have also been giving he Satin balls. Not sure if it's because he's not neutered or if there is some other issue. My wife thinks he looks skinny but I think he's just lean. We walk a lot, sometimes 4 or 5 miles a day, (through the snow now), plus playing in the yard a lot. Best retriever dog I've ever owned. Anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• PokinatchaPunk
    replied
    image_37506.jpg

Springfield, MO......I have an 11yr old (12 on March 3rd)female harlequin. Sierra is the best thing to ever happen to my life!

Last edited by PokinatchaPunk; 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieTheGreat
    replied
    Morro Bay, Ca!

Leave a comment:

• beccaj65
    replied
    Upper Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• MayaandJaxsmom
    replied
    Hi from Harpers Ferry, WV. I have a 13 month old Female Dane named Maya.

Leave a comment:

• Pogi's Mom
    replied
    Hi, my puppy is a 9 week old Labradane. His name is pogi. I would love any advice on training a Labradane.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pogi's Mom
    replied
    Portage Mi

Leave a comment:

• OsoSweet
    replied
    OSO is 3 years old and lives in Los Gatos (Santa Cruz Mountains 95033), California
    Last edited by OsoSweet; 03-10-2017, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hiraeth
    replied
    Originally posted by CaspertheFriendlyDane View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a new Great Dane owner to a 10 month year old merle boy. We started training him as soon as he came home and he has done amazing, but because of his size we were no longer welcomed to play with other puppies at meetup because other people were scared of his goofy behavior hurting one of their smaller dog breeds. Since then there hasn't been a place to take my big boy to socialize with other dogs because he hasn't been neutered and he has become super reactive to other dogs. He starts off all playful jumping in place and crying to play with the other dog and once he gets near the dog a fight always happen. We have tried clicker training him with a trainer to fix his behavior but not much improvement. He rather play/attack another dog rather than get treats and turning away each time he displays aggressive behavior he just walks looking behind him all super focused. He is more excited about the world around him to pay me much attention usually. As a 3 month old puppy he did excellent on leash and with other dogs, but around 6 months he has become reactive. I am a very tiny person barely reaching 5 ft and he outweighs me. If anyone can help it be greatly appreciated!
    You should start a separate thread in this forum: http://www.danesonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Just copy and paste what you wrote here, as on this thread it's less likely to be responded to by the people who may have some advice.

Leave a comment:

• CaspertheFriendlyDane
    replied
    New Dane owner

Hi everyone, I'm a new Great Dane owner to a 10 month year old merle boy. We started training him as soon as he came home and he has done amazing, but because of his size we were no longer welcomed to play with other puppies at meetup because other people were scared of his goofy behavior hurting one of their smaller dog breeds. Since then there hasn't been a place to take my big boy to socialize with other dogs because he hasn't been neutered and he has become super reactive to other dogs. He starts off all playful jumping in place and crying to play with the other dog and once he gets near the dog a fight always happen. We have tried clicker training him with a trainer to fix his behavior but not much improvement. He rather play/attack another dog rather than get treats and turning away each time he displays aggressive behavior he just walks looking behind him all super focused. He is more excited about the world around him to pay me much attention usually. As a 3 month old puppy he did excellent on leash and with other dogs, but around 6 months he has become reactive. I am a very tiny person barely reaching 5 ft and he outweighs me. If anyone can help it be greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Big Percy
    replied
    Male Heat?

Hi all. so our male dane just turned 1 year old last week. since that day, he's sniffing everything, hyper focused on his min pin older brother, not interested in eating, very restless, and is generally a different dog. He's scheduled to be neutered next monday. please advise. Marc

Leave a comment:

• yennhikorea
    replied
    lovely bobby

Originally posted by marleyjb View Post
    Reno is on the map.
    lovely bobby

Leave a comment:

• kuddles_1963
    replied
    hi everyone

Leave a comment:

• tattoo
    replied
    Hi Im a owner of a 3 year old great dane

This site seems interesting and I hope I can get feed back on the behavior with these dogs,
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X