"No-Name" Craigslist Rescue Introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danester View Post
    AWWWWW!!!! She is adorable! I'm so glad you found her and I bet she is too. We love Trueblood in our house too so I think Sookie is a perfect name! It's funny that you named her after a character on your fave show.....we just named our new guy Dexter from my favorite show
    I LOVE Dexter too, haha.

Thanks everyone! I'm just REALLY hoping things go well when we introduce Capone and Sookie....getting a little nervous about it now that she's been here and I'm getting attached. Keep your fingers crossed for us that it works out.
    sigpic
    Jules
    Capone & Sookie

Comment

Fingers crossed it all works out!! Thank you for getting her outa there! Bless you, bless you! I just can't wait to hear how she thrives mentally and physically. Love the name Sookie. We also love True Blood! Give Capone and Sookie some loving from our gang!
      June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
      RIP Dakota Blue Moon
      Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
      sigpic

Comment

She is beautiful and THANK YOU for helping her!!!!
        sigpic
        www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
        http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
        Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Wow...she's such a sweetheart. I love her name. Those eyes look like they could tell some stories...
          Give her a hug and a treat from Gunner and I.
          Looking forward to seeing her blossom!!
          sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

She is a really nice looking girl and very appealing.

and she reminds me of an oreo blizzard.
            --Vickie--
            sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
            Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

I like the name Sookie as well, since we are True Blood addicts in our house as well, just cant get enough!! Thank you for bringing this girl into your home, and good vibes that the introduction goes well!!
              sigpic
              Lindsay, proud owner of Rotts, Brody and Lucy, Danes, Duke and Indy, and a Jap Chin, Romeo

Comment

Thanks everyone. She's doing really well, has definitely picked up some energy however is still the laziest dog I've ever known!

Yesterday we took Capone and Sookie for a leashed walk at a local park and they did really well, basically ignored each other. She is SO bad on a leash though... Wowza. They did really great on the walk, then when we were standing there getting ready to leave she started growling at Capone...but was still wagging her tail. She's so vocal and I'm not used to that so I'm having a difficult time reading her. Will keep working.

Tomorrow is big day - taking in another stool sample! Keeping fingers crossed. She's already looking like she may have put on a couple pounds.
                sigpic
                Jules
                Capone & Sookie

Comment

What a regal-looking girl!

She reminds me a little of a foster I had named Luka.

Comment

What a lucky girl!! Thanks for rescuing! When I first looked at her pictures I thought... Stella. Don't know why, but thats what I thought.

Good luck on the joining of households.
                    sigpic

Comment

What a great thing you've done for Sookie! I look forward to hearing more about her story and how she and Capone handle some full face time!

Remember, a wagging tail does not always mean "happy". Watch their eye contact and their body language. "Curious" is usually shown by nose-driven exploration. Eye-driven exploration is usually indicative of a challenge.

She's so lovely, though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all works out and Capone gets a new partner in crime.
                      Christina - SAHM, WAHM, Homeschooling Mother to 7 beautiful children and 4 chihuahuas, 3 cats, 3 ferrets, 1 Quaker (parrot), and our Great Danes Elsa and Elisha, pictured below:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X