Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..Meet..

**No Name**

I joined this site about a month ago and I have learned quite alot from here alone. I have done a couple years of research on the breed and what to expect when owning a Dane before actively searching for our perfect new family member. We are finally getting (semi)settled (Military, boo! ;P) and feel we are ready to bring home our new baby. (More so, I feel that I am ready, lol.. Did manage to convince the husband though!)

I'd love to introduce our new girl! She doesn't have a name yet, still trying to figure one out (our daughter calls her 'Lello'.. LOL, because she was the one with the yellow collar), for some reason I keep coming back to the name Athena, so it MIGHT just stick. She isn't home yet, and wont be coming home for a few weeks BUT I did get some pictures of her when she was born and met with her for the first time yesterday!!! I love my breeder, she has been extremely helpful and really quite as talkative as I am, LOL.. Anyways, Here she is at 4 weeks old. The puppies had a blast playing ouside with the kids and eachother.. HEHE.. (BTW, I hope it was ok for them to play outside at 4 weeks old =/.. I'm not quite sure what's the earliest puppies can be outside)

It's like she knew I was taking her picture! LOL
    sigpic

Congratulations she is just adorable.

Comment

"Lello" is adorable. Congrats and keep us updated!
      sigpic
      Lori, Desi & Grimm
      RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
      Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
      Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

She is adorable!
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats, she is adorable.

I'm pretty sure our pup was outside playing with litter mates at 4 weeks so I would think it would be fine as long as they are well supervised.

I vote for Lello!!
          ~Rye~
          Wife to Scott, mom to fur kid Charger and skin kids AJ and a new baby girl due in September

sigpic

Comment

She is adorable. I am thinking that if you name her Lello, people will drive you crazy asking why. I bet you are so excited, and your daughter too.
            Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
            Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
            RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks everyone! I myself think she is jus so darn gorgeous.. but so are the rest of her littermates ^_^
              I'm thinking 'Lello' might stick, BUT as a nickname.. hehe.
              And yes! I am extremely excited as well as the kids (& my husband just admitted that he is really in fact excited, lol). They can't wait to go see them again over the weekend. Thank goodness for portable dvd players, or the hour and a half in the car would drive me insane with the lil ones, lol!
              sigpic

Comment

What a sweetheart!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I love Lello! That will be a story to reflect back on with your child, you know how she got her name and all. I love the name! She looks to be about the same age as my new baby that will be coming home soon. Love her mask!

Comment

Awww she's so sweet looking! I like the name Lello too! :p

Congrats!

And yes, its fine for them to be outside. You just want to make sure they avoid places where they could contract disease, but places you know are safe, such as your own yard (with known history), etc are fine.

Comment

Congrats! She looks so sweet! The wait to bring them home always seems like it takes FOREVER! Good luck with her!
                      sigpic"To Err is human, to forgive canine"

Comment

What a cute baby. I agree with naming her Lello. You wouldn't believe how fun it is having a dog with a "different" name.
                        sigpic

Comment

She is cute...and another vote for Lello!
                          sigpic

Comment

I vote LELLO!!!! (only because that's what my daughter said, too!)
                            next visit please kiss that precious face for me!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies! Looks like almost all of you like the name Lello! I started calling her Lello, my husband is like.. That's a boys name! LOL, he likes Athena cuz it's more "girly". But if you try and call her anything other than Lello, my dear daughter throws a fit and says, "NO her name is LELLO!"

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
                              I vote LELLO!!!! (only because that's what my daughter said, too!)
                              next visit please kiss that precious face for me!
                              We see her again NEXT WEEKEND! Can't wait!

Originally posted by CCRom View Post
                              Congrats! She looks so sweet! The wait to bring them home always seems like it takes FOREVER! Good luck with her!
                              Thank you! I know.. I wanna take her home now! LOL. But only a few more weeks!!

Originally posted by corleyresearch View Post
                              I love Lello! That will be a story to reflect back on with your child, you know how she got her name and all. I love the name! She looks to be about the same age as my new baby that will be coming home soon. Love her mask!
                              Yeah, lol. She's 4 weeks old and 2 days in the pictures. AND congratz to you and your new baby as well!! How exciting!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X