Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awwww, "Junior Member" 1 Post .... Gosh, it HAS been a long time!
    Astrid & Zoo

Comment

Welcome back and nice to meet you!
      So cool to "meet" the names that go with the posts I've been reading in the archives all this time!
      Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
      - Anatole France

Comment

well i was a teensy bit opinionated...

and had LOTS more questions maybe...
        My best boy, Trooper.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvmygurl View Post
          I would love to see a pic of your basenji/pug cross. We had a basenji when I was a child. INSANELY energetic dog. Hope yours got the pug temperament and energy level.
          Anyway, welcome back!
          Nope - Daisy had the Basenji energy level and temperament. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'd be happy to share some of her - or else you can email me at tgmac92@frontiernet.net. Over the years I've looked for other mixes like her; even contacted the Basenji rescue group from our old neighborhood, wondering if any of the other pups ever turned up in rescue - to no avail though. They must have literally broke the mold when they made her.
          My best boy, Trooper.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolmod View Post
            <cyber-hug> GWENNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <cyber-hug>

Did you get the capes out out storage? Gonna go dig my boots out just as soon as I dig out from 400 feet of snow.

Let the reunion begin!
            CYBERHUG Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure have missed you, my friend. Now all we need is to see Mandi and Kendra again, and JO... wow. It sure has been a long time..
            My best boy, Trooper.
            sigpic

Comment

Aw! I'm not new and under age so I can't have any Champagne Lol! but will definitely give cyber hugs!

I'm a newbie but I hope I can still welcome you back Gwenna! And have fun at the cyber reunion!
              Ashley and Sadie (12 months)

Comment

Strike up the band, blow those noisemaker horns.....

[QUOTE=Britedane;522556]Aw! I'm not new and under age so I can't have any Champagne Lol! but will definitely give cyber hugs!

Thanks for speaking up Mom X 2, here is your champagne, and welcome to the party. If I remember correctly you were active in rescue and served in the Army too? Do I have the right Cindy in my brain?
                Debbie- you are always the hostess with the most-est! And she still has one of the prettiest bathrooms I have ever seen.... straight out of House Beautiful! Ladies, here's your bubbly.
                But, Astrid, your post count must have been lost in this magic box! If I give Paul and Deb and extra glass (or two) of champagne, maybe they will give you a "Blue Man" instead. Remember those? Astrid I'll trade you my "senior" label for your "Junior" title any day.
                Oues, luvmygirl and Britedane drink up and party with us. (Oops, Oni quickly turns around and retrieves the alcohol from Britedane since she declares herself as under-age and substitutes lemonade! We can't have our cyber party busted by the pixel police!
                And Gwenna, sadly I still have the computer mind of an earwig, but maybe this will help you post a picture.............http://www.dolforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32210
                Now we need to throw the net out and recapture Mandi, Kendra , Jo and any others who want to join the festivities. Cyber hugs to all, now party, party, party!

Comment

junior vs senior

"If I give Paul and Deb and extra glass (or two) of champagne, maybe they will give you a "Blue Man" instead. Remember those? Astrid I'll trade you my "senior" label for your "Junior" title any day. "

Ha, ha Oni - if only the title "junior" really made you Junior ... guess things don't work that way. And, yes, I remember the "blue man" .. and the "red man"... my, how time flies.

Keep the Champagne flowing - I took the day off work and no one should care if I do my housework a bit on the tipsy side.

Any of you remember "Caninealaska" aka Linda? ... still in contact with her also.

Gotta admit, I'm a wee bit leery of those "cyberhugs", but OK, here goes

Off to pick up the dust cloth again ...
                  Astrid & Zoo

Comment

oh a reunion sounds like so much fun for all you "old" members! I actually met two older members on another forum and they were my go to people for dane questions before I found DOL

Comment

OMG, a reunion!

Count me in :-) It's so nice to see familiar faces are still on DOL.

It's been several years since my last post, hopefully I haven't gotten rusty. I joined about 9 years ago, right before I brought home my first dane. Luna, my harl girl, will be 9 in August 2010. I remember how much I learned about danes on this forum...from recognizing the hiccups in puppies to an appreciation for dane genetics.

Can't wait to see what I'll learn this time around...

Cheers!
                      Steph

Comment

Welcome back Astrid & Steph!
                        Bev
                        Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey Gwenna!!! So I guess I will re-intro myself also. I used to be very active here. Been a long time since I have posted anything...Im still a mom to a merle boy, Sargeant Pepper, who will be 8 next month, and a mantle girl Layla, who just turned 8 in Sept. I also have a cat who is 9, Cooper, and a bunny who is 9, Major. Also have a 12 year old parrot named Theo. So glad everyone has decided to do a drop in! Maybe we can all make an effort to be more active! It's nice to be a member of the "Old Timers Club"! (I think) LOL
                          "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -- Anonymous

Jocelyn & Layla.....
                          in memory of Sargeant Pepper, Gracie, Thea, and our little Buddy dog. Gone but never forgotten.

Comment

Welcome Back, Astrid, Steph and Jocelyn! It's great to see you all back at DOL.

Astrid, let me find out how to get you back with your old profile and postings.
                            sigpic
                            In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                            Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Oni View Post
                              Thanks for speaking up Mom X 2, here is your champagne, and welcome to the party. If I remember correctly you were active in rescue and served in the Army too? Do I have the right Cindy in my brain?
                              Wow! Impressive memory!!! And here I can't even remember how old I am without doing the math

Cindy

Comment

hahaha -- me neither

although hubby just turned 50 in January and my daughter will be 13 in March. Those two events have nearly ruined me, lol.
                                My best boy, Trooper.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X