Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not quite as "old" as some of the oldster DOL folks - been on for just over 6 years. So great to see some of those whose wisdom was so valuable to me when I was a newbie.

Comment

• Adding my own "hi, I'm back" to this thread

New black dane baby girl coming home tomorrow evening!
      "Positive does not equal permissive."

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1grrrl View Post
        Adding my own "hi, I'm back" to this thread

New black dane baby girl coming home tomorrow evening!
        How exciting, welcome back!
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

• Hey everyone! I too am just getting back to DOL after a 3 year break. It's really nice to see a lot of the people on here that was here a few years back. I think I found DOL in 2009!

I just wanted to say it's nice to be back! Although it looks as though a lot has changed.
          sigpic
          Roxy & Ace

Comment

• Originally posted by mistified247 View Post
            Hey everyone! I too am just getting back to DOL after a 3 year break. It's really nice to see a lot of the people on here that was here a few years back. I think I found DOL in 2009!

I just wanted to say it's nice to be back! Although it looks as though a lot has changed.
            That is when I joined too. My Rupert was 6 weeks old at the time (though I was told he was 8 weeks. Bybs rock!). He's 7 now. How the time flies.
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
              That is when I joined too. My Rupert was 6 weeks old at the time (though I was told he was 8 weeks. Bybs rock!). He's 7 now. How the time flies.
              Yes!! I do remember you. It's great to see people that I remember still here.
              sigpic
              Roxy & Ace

Comment

• So fun to see some of these names I remember from 6+ years ago!

Comment

• Hello Guys,
                  I am Bridget Rangel.
                  I am very much fond of Dogs.
                  As per my views, Puppies are best friends of any human. Keeping puppies at home gives you a positive hope. Playing with puppies gives you a relaxing in your life. we need to take care of puppies while providing them best facilities for their health. The whelping box is the disease resistant place where puppies look great at your home. Whelping box price is also affordable.
                  Want to know about different whelping box plans, designs, and ideas for your dog? Read this article and get all the answers regarding your confusions.

Comment

• Hello all. I too have been away for many many years and just now getting back. I recently lost my Dane, Dalia. She was 11 and I miss her dearly. My pack now consists of two Corgis and I can't wait till I can add another Dane to my house. Looking forward to catching up with some you again

Comment

• Figure I should post since its been so long since I've posted anything here. I used to have a pack of seven, now we have a pack of five. Most notable was our big boy Green Bean who we lost on 1/11/2018.
                      Its fun to look through this thread and see so many i remember.
                      sigpic

Comment

• IMG_20181225_131030_01.jpg 20181204_113039.jpg hello as well, haven't been on this board in...oh my...10-12 years? anyways we have had 3 wonderful great danes along the way, some heartbreaks and swearing off dogs. Never again ! haha yea right that only worked for a year. so here we are back after moving across Canada twice. Beautiful fawn girl named Gertrude. Gertie is 9weeks old and at day 5 now she is already establishing herself as a valuable member of our family. looking forward to learning and sharing some information as it happens! Cheers all!

Comment

• wow! so nice to see some of the oldies posting again, you have been missed! i have been checking in often, and hoping some of the new glitches have been worked out. this is my newest rescue, jorah, 7 years old, got him in july. he's a real hoot!! jorah broke my "3 danes at a time" rule because i could NOT resist that face. eden, olivia and destiny accepted him immediately and although i expected some changes in my pack dynamics, absolutely nothing has changed. they are all best buddies and jorah is just about as perfect and lovable as they come! 45523862_2169419439745274_8378397535592513536_n.jpg
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Seems like forever since I've posted. Lost my Sarge in 2014. I check back every now and then. I don't own any dogs but I do in-home boarding now. Hoping I get a Great Dane client.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I stumbled back over this site googling a dane health question. Haven't been on since 2018. I'll try to be more active. My fur kids are still Tempest, a 4 soon to be 5-year-old black Great Dane girl and Zephyr a 6-year-old brindle Irish Wolfhound/Borzoi hound boy. Both are rescues. Tempest is my ninth Great Dane. Zephyr is my fourth Irish Wolfhound and second Borzoi. He's the first mixed breed dog I've ever had, although everyone thinks he's an enormous greyhound. I've got nothing against mixed breeds I just like the predictability of temperament and size for purebreds. I also do pet sitting, so I have a wide variety of different dogs stay with us. I tried to upload a photo, but it constantly says invalid file, so here's a link instead.

https://flic.kr/p/2jHewhA
                              Last edited by Moondrake; 09-16-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• since i was on this thread last, i have lost 2 of my 4 danes. lost jorah to kidney failure last december and then lost destiny to the same thing 3 months later. i worked with 3 different vets and tried numerous meds, even subQ fluids at home but nothing worked. i'm still struggling with these losses.

i have my 2 girls now, eden (7) and olivia (13.5). eden is doing great although she did develop glaucoma in her left eye. it's being controlled with eye drops every day and it hasn't slowed her down for one minute!

in february it'll be 4 years since olivia was diagnosed with heart disease. she takes numerous meds every day (thank God for peanut butter!) and she goes every 6 months for a follow-up cardiac ultrasound. her last one was about a month ago and she is now in the beginning stages of heart failure although she is still a happy girl and doing well, overall. she recently developed a tooth root abscess and last week we went to st. louis to see a board certified vet dentist. he found a second broken tooth so he removed both of those and she is recovering nicely. soon she will be able to eat more than soft foods and i know she's anxiously awaiting her daily cookies!! it was a nerve wracking day as putting her under for surgery was extremely risky. thankfully, she came through with flying colors!

destiny's memorial portrait

jorah's memorial portrait
                                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                                X