Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Faust. So sad to hear about Faust, I remember meeting him in Phoenix! That new puppy is adorable! Glad you've shared him with us!
    sigpic
    Crystal
    Owned by:
    Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
    CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
    Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
    Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

• So sorry to hear about Faust. Zeus was in bloat when I picked him up from boarding back in 2005. Your new pup is a cutie.
      sigpic
      RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
      Levi...born June 29th, 2011
      Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
      Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
      https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

• Thank you everyone for the condolences. He is missed everyday.

Dextersmom, it was great meeting up in Pheonix. How is Dexter doing? Are you still practicing in Pheonix?

I moved out to Central Mass early this year and love it here, but have yet to find a vet I am happy with sadly.
        sigpic

Comment

• So happy to see your return. I have been quiet, also, since my loss of Reich a year ago January. I still have my DOL rescue, Behr, plus a big lunk of a mantle boy, Buhl.

Your mastif pup is adorable. Looking forward to your posts.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
          ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
          <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

• Awwwww... This was a fun post to read, and a trip down memory lane! I joined back in 2002 at the ripe old age of 26 when we got our first Dane - Kahuna. We had to say goodbye to her last month at 12 (amazing) years old, and are now back on DOL frequently as we are looking to rescue a Dane pup. I am pretty sure I (mostly) disappeared from DOL when my first son was born - and when son number two came around forget about it! No such thing as "free time" anymore!

I am remembering (and missing) the old crew as I read more and more posts. Carolyn from Divine Acres, JPY from Chromadanes, GMAC, Cujasky (Debbie), Eastwood Danes, Mandi, Bev K, CaroleB, rock girl, astrid j, alicat, Rachel from Sixstar, Anne (Emma's Anne), dolmod, empm, Mom X 2, and of course last but not least, Paul! I am sure there are so many more that I am forgetting and will remember again the more I read. It is so nice to see that many are still here!

-Lisa, Rob, & sons Riley and Luka
            (and Jolie and The Big Kahuna in spirit, and so missed)
            -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

• Howdy Lisa

Gosh I remember Kahuna! And having any Dane hit the double digits is amazing. Oh, and congrats on the two new kids in your family now. Yep, kids have a way of taking up so much of your time. Glad to hear you are adopting another Dane to complete your family now. Don't be a stranger here. Best of everything. Oni

Comment

• LOL - Oni - I just realized you're the one with SnortGurgle and Pettifogger McDogger!!!

I had meant to look up those names recently - you always had such entertaining and colorful posts! Plus I always had a special place in my heart for Pettifogger - my maiden name is Pettibone - and yes I was teased relentlessly. Especially when I was in the Army Reserves - "Private Pettibone" is, yes folks, even funnier than *just* Pettibone.

I guess I should be grateful - I'm sure my brothers got it worse!
                -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

• It's all in the name…...

Lisa, I bet dealing with your name issue made you a stronger woman and gave you a better sense of humor. Some things in life we just have to approach with a grin and laugh along with the world. I try not to take things too seriously the majority of time. I had a friend in college named Crystal and she married Mike Clear and became Mrs Crystal Clear!
                  Naming my pets also gives me a chance to make the world smile. Snortgurgle and Pettifogger McDogger's names always started a conversation. Currently my Danes are named Polo Pony and 57th Street Slick. Oh, and my Sphynx cat is named 'Peeve' so I can introduce him as my 'pet Peeve'. Glad to visit with you again. See you on the boards.

Comment

• Wow, jumping back on here after 10 years of being away! I joined in 2002 and am remembering a lot of the names on this thread!! I was about to do my intro post (or re-intro) and I saw this thread for the old timers. . .

I didn't post a lot but if anyone remembers me you might remember my Bella and later my Moose boy. Two beautiful fawns that have sadly left me. But we are expecting a new pup in a few weeks and I am equally excited and terrified as it's been so long! Thought it was time to get back on DOL and get some support.

Comment

• Welcome back!
                      Can't wait to hear stories and see pics of your new arrival!
                      -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

• Hi...I recognize a bunch of names still on DOL which is great. It's been a good long time since I've posted or been on DOL. If anyone remembers me, I have my big old boy Zuko. He's 6.5 now. I hope to add a new baby to the family soon so I thought I would come back for a visit and check out read some posts and brush up on my puppy knowledge since it's been so long! I missed the forum!
                        Jennie
                        sigpic

Comment

• There's a name I haven't seen in awhile. Ok obligatory Zuko photos are needed!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hmm...I don't have any good candids on this new computer, boo. How about some proud mama moments...Both specialty wins. The last was when he earned his Championship and went WD/BOW in Vegas
                            Attached Files
                            Jennie
                            sigpic

Comment

• I remember him! Probably because he is the same age as Rupert. Welcome back and Zuko is GORGEOUS (Has he passed on his genes? It would be a shame to waste that beauty).
                              ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

• Hi...I remember Rupert Zuko does not have any offspring yet. We had one attempt that didn't take. Truthfully, I'm still getting my feet wet in the showing/breeding world and I'm not in a hurry. We may breed him at some point but I'm also ok if it doesn't happen. He was a great first show Dane that has taught my a lot! Now I'm ready to get a new show pup and do it all over again. I'm soooo excited!
                                Jennie
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X