Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A puppy from a blue/fawn breeding can be shown as long as it is one of the show-able colors. A fawn/blue breeding will produce black pups if both the sire and dam are pure color bred. If it's a color crossed pedigree then mis-marks will also be in the litter which can't be shown. A black or blue from that type of breeding can be shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarolB View Post
      A puppy from a blue/fawn breeding can be shown as long as it is one of the show-able colors. A fawn/blue breeding will produce black pups if both the sire and dam are pure color bred. If it's a color crossed pedigree then mis-marks will also be in the litter which can't be shown. A black or blue from that type of breeding can be shown.
      Oh I totally get that, but the poster mentioned having a blue male and a blue fawn female and apparently there's a planned breeding for next year.
      Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
      Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

• Chances are it will be a litter of mis-marks but you never know. There could be show marked blues out of it. At any rate, it's BYB stuff.

Comment

• I totally understand the whole controversy about breeding non-standard colored Danes. As far as being a BYB, I have had Lyra's initial OFA certification done, her thyroid done, and will be doing her eye and heart certs. Lincoln has already been DNA'd and he will also have all the health certs. Most people purchase Danes as pets, and any I will sell that are mismarks will be sold with spay/neuter contracts solely as pets.
          Lincoln is blue or black on all of his lines except one, and has Euro champions in his background. Far as I'm concerned, a breeding Dane's health and conformation are much more important that their colors, unless the colors are detrimental to the potential puppies produced.
          Lyra's mom and dad were both multiple generation blues, so she was not intentionally created. She has excellent conformation and stellar temperament. The AKC now recognizes white as a registerable Dane color. I would have to say that a blue fawn is far more acceptable than white, so far as any potential issues are concerned!

Comment

• What issues? As mentioned above, Linc will be totally health certified before breeding, or he will be neutered. Same with Lyra. I'm not doing this on a lark. If the dogs aren't good quality, they will just be my pets for the rest of their lives.

Comment

• So the Danes are still puppies, but there is a breeding planned already? Really?
              So how does anyone know that this 6 month old boy is going to grow up to be a good match for the mismarked bitch? or does that not matter?
              Carolyn
              Divine Acres Great Danes
              Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
              sigpic

Comment

• While I realize that you have removed yourself as a member, hopefully you'll come back and read this again. You say health is the utmost importance to you. Please keep in mind that your boys line on his father's side has a massive amount if health problems. Like I stated in my earlier post my dog with all his GENETIC problems shares a great amount of dogs in the pedigree as your boys dad. They are almost identical on one whole side of his pedigree. Please think very carefully about this.

I know my opinion on not breeding dogs with thyroid and autoimmune disorders might not be the popular one but in the end no other family should have to go through what I've been through with Festus and what Festus has been through when it can so easily be prevented. Please neuter your boy and enjoy him as a pet and hope that he stays healthy.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Sadly, I lost Faust to bloat while boarding him 6 months ago. I was deeply shaken by this event and took some time to decide where to go next. I got messaged by Kate a few months back and it made me remember all the great times with DOL. Truly there is no other forum like this one but needed some time to recover from the loss.

My fiance and I recently decided it was time to add a new member to our family. It took some time and a few good arguments, but a conclusion was reached. We added Claymore to our family 3 weeks ago. He turned 12 weeks old today and is an English Mastiff.

I hope to reconnect with some friends I have missed for too long.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh Kris....so sorry to hear about Faust

The new puppy...oh my, what a handsome and cutie patootie!

Comment

• Welcome back, so very sorry to hear of your loss of Faust. I've missed your input into the food threads, it's good to see you back. Your pup is absolutely adorable!
                      sigpic
                      Emily
                      Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
                      Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
                      Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

• Thank you for the kind words, Nicole and Emily. The little pup has definently helped fill that hole in my heart when I lost Faust.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Kris!!! You're back!! I was just thinking about you the other day...

I'm so sorry about Faust

Your new boy is precious!!
                          Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                          - Anatole France

Comment

• Glad to see you, Kris !

Andi

Comment

• I'm so sorry to hear about Faust.
                              I know you don't know me, but I recall your informative posts on nutrition, I was just wondering where you had gone the other day also.
                              I'm glad you're back. Your new puppy is gorgeous

Comment

• Glad to see you back...Claymore is adorable....RIP Faust....
                                sigpic Shash
                                Flynn always in my heart
                                Artie, Piebald Tempo, Mantle
                                Leo, Harlequin Ch Bella, queen

Comment

Working...
                                X