This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my boys

Figured out this thing...the brindle is Abrams and the fawn is Barrett.

That was a great weekend with Abrams taking winners and Barrett going reserve, this was the last show in Barretts career. He was diagnosed the next month.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome back all you "old-timers"! LMAO!

I have been around for years and years too and remember all you guys. LOL! I came back a few months ago after being away a couple years.

Glad you guys are all back and hope you stick around. As far as calming down, I hope not, I kinda missed all you guys! That's why I came back!

Pour me some bubbly please!
      ~Amy~

Comment

Thanks for the memories.......

Heather, is that Queenie in your avatar? Gosh, I so love the old ones when they get gray. They always have such a wise and wonderous look.
        You must have been so proud of your boys at that show. I often think of Barrett and he was such a handsome fellow.

I best start pouring some champagne before I start tearing up and dear Amy will have to drink salty bubbly. Glad to have you back on board with all of us Amy. Sometimes we all need a break but will reunite for the common good again. So Amy, what have you been doing lately? Tell us about your Dane group now, please?

Comment

Back when I first joined I just had my boxer boy, Tyson (he passed away in 2006 )and was researching bringing home a dane. I added LucyLu to my family in 2004. She has since passed away. I now have Lucas (4 yrs.), Tia (19 mo.), and Klifford (10 mo.) and also a 1 yr. old Beagle, Buck.
          ~Amy~

Comment

Oni,

Years ago I told my daughter the name of your pup, and she has always wanted a dog and to name it "snortgurgle" -- we both might have been away from DOL; but that name has stuck with my daughter all these years. How old is Snortgurgle now ?

Andi

Comment

Originally posted by Heather and Bishop View Post
              Figured out this thing...the brindle is Abrams and the fawn is Barrett.

That was a great weekend with Abrams taking winners and Barrett going reserve, this was the last show in Barretts career. He was diagnosed the next month.
              Beautiful Mastiffs!!
              Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
              - Anatole France

Comment

Eventhough I am kind of new to this forum and did not have the pleasure to have met you in the past I would like to say Welcome Back to DOL! I'm looking forward to the stories and advice that you will share.
                sigpic
                Roxy & Ace

Comment

Curious........

Andi, didn't you also have a Dalmation and give some commands in Yiddish? I'm glad your daughter wants to name another pup after Snortgurgle. He approves. At least you won't come across the name 17 times, and Mr.Gurgle is nine now. Snort was named after a Danish fairy tale in which the Snortgurgle eats the legs off of garden gnomes. As a pup, Snort did his best to destroy my fairy garden, so he really named himself. You can see his recent pictures in DOL's picture album, along with his brother, Pettifogger McDogger.

Amy, I remember LucyLu used to help herself to the ice cubes out of your refrig door? I have a friend who came home daily to sopping wet floors and couldn't figure out why. I told her about Lucy's trick and sure enough, that proved to be what was happening.

Does anyone know where MP out of Florida is? And her dane, Baby? I would like her email address if anyone has it.

Here's more champagne and cyber hugs for all.
                  Last edited by Oni; 02-23-2010, 09:52 AM. Reason: commas are important

Comment

Gwenna!!!! How are you? Wow, welcome back! I've only somewhat recently started popping back in here now and then. Sorry to hear about Maggie. That Trooper sure is a handsome guy!

Oni! So glad to see that Snort and Fog are doing well!

Rock Girl and Luna too! And Astrid and Sargesmom!

Oh Heather, I'm sorry to hear about Bishop. What an especially tough time that must have been.

Since we're updating, my family now consists of just me (many "old-timers" may need to be updated that I'm divorced), and three Danes: the fabulous as ever Parker who is 7 and a half and healthy and spry as can be, my Dane-a-potamus Hank who is about 4 and a half and the biggest sweetest lug ever, and my newest addition foster failure, Greta (formerly Daisy) who is 2 and working on it all.

I've attached a photo. So nice to see all these old-timers!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Gwenna. I haven't posted in eons but had two minutes this morning.
                      Have to learn how to navigate this site first...
                      Jo
                      Hof Kurz Great Danes
                      Ch. Tor RN, CHIC, Ch. Reva CHIC, Can. Ch. J'aime TDI
                      Fawns and Brindles Since 1975
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/11304225@N05

Comment

Originally posted by Oni View Post
                        Andi, didn't you also have a Dalmation and give some commands in Yiddish? I'm glad your daughter wants to name another pup after Snortgurgle. He approves. At least you won't come across the name 17 times, and Mr.Gurgle is nine now. Snort was named after a Danish fairy tale in which the Snortgurgle eats the legs off of garden gnomes. As a pup, Snort did his best to destroy my fairy garden, so he really named himself. You can see his recent pictures in DOL's picture album, along with his brother, Pettifogger McDogger.

Amy, I remember LucyLu used to help herself to the ice cubes out of your refrig door? I have a friend who came home daily to sopping wet floors and couldn't figure out why. I told her about Lucy's trick and sure enough, that proved to be what was happening.

Does anyone know where MP out of Florida is? And her dane, Baby? I would like her email address if anyone has it.

Here's more champagne and cyber hugs for all.
                        LOL! Oni, yes, LucyLu used to help herself to ice cubes all the time! She even taught Lucas how to do it. Thank God that fridge died before the others learned. When we bought the new one we did NOT get the ice maker in the door! She is also the one that destroyed my Italian leather sofa and it looked like it snowed in my living room and ate a hole in my wall and was looking at us through the hole when we came home. Gosh! I miss that girl!!!
                        ~Amy~

Comment

Hey...Birthday girl.......

Originally posted by HKDanes View Post
                          Have to learn how to navigate this site first...
                          Jo, Jo, Jo, where have you been? I know you have a birthday real soon. So are we meeting at our usual celebration spot halfway between our states to celebrate? I'm ready to party in person, if you are! Let me know.

This new format for DOL is pretty easy. If I, the one with the computer mind of an earwig, can do it, then you should have no problems at all. Welcome back kiddo, we missed ya.

Comment

Wow! I leave for a year and look what happens!

So glad to *see* you guys again. We've had some interesting times that's for sure but I'm rather glad those board wars are past history, especially since I was on the "front lines" more than once.

Me and Sarge are still trudging along, Sarge a bit more slowly...he turns 8 this summer.

Gwenna, Trooper is looking so handsome! A friend of mine mentioned the other day they were thinking of getting an Akita, I immediately thought of you. If you have any 'Akita FYI's' that I should pass along, just send me a note!

Cindy
                            sigpic

Comment

Its so nice to see you back on the forum Cindy! We missed you!!
                              Give Sarge a big smooch from me!
                              Carolyn
                              Divine Acres Great Danes
                              Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Cindy!!!!

WOW, Sarge is looking very handsome!!
                                We just went thru a bloat episode with Snortgurgle which really broke my heart. He survived with almost no damage but during the gastroplexy they discovered that he has hepititis. Luckily his blood levels are not showing any stress and we have started treatments to improve the liver functions. I know little about the liver, other than some people eat it with onions, but I'm doing my research now.
                                Some days you just can't win but he is still going strong. So wish us luck. Today he gets his stitches out.

I'm shocked at how many people tell me they would not spend almost $4,000.00 to treat an elderly Dane. I'm just glad that none of these people are Dane owners. If you are not prepared to be totally committed to your Dane, than you shouldn't own one, but that is my personal opinion.
                                Snortgurgle has given us many wonderful years and if mere money can give us a little more quality time with him, then it is worth twice that amount.
                                But in the real world, especially in this current economy, the cost of owing a Great Dane is something all new owners should consider. Nothing is cheap with these giants, so if $4,000.00 takes the food out of your childrens' mouths, then reconsider your breed choice. please!

Comment

Working...
                                X