X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great reunion!! Welcome back to the boards everyone

Comment

Debbie - I had a copy of the photo from National's. Just looked for it and can't find it...it is probably on my dead external hard drive (along with all the baby pics of Luna). Gotta get that info recovered, but the quote was outta this world. Maybe someone else has a copy...

Oni - Joey will always have a place in my heart. We had so much fun hanging out! DH and I are still planning on taking a trip up through your neck of the woods. Gotta wait until I get my new knee, so maybe in the next two years.

Glad ya'll liked the pictures! :-)

What a nice welcome back, thanks all!

Steph

Comment

Steph-

Where in the East Bay are you...I'm also in the East Bay.
        Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

I lost Ari to dcm a couple years ago. But he lived a happy 6 years here, and became the dog of my heart.

Have a 9 month old GD pup now, Briar Rose. Still have the parrot, tortoise, and a bunny in daughter's room, who is not 17 (the daughter not the rabbit!).

Hi Andi - Sorry to hear about Ari. I remember you well!
          I take it that's Briar Rose in your Avatar? Pretty!
          Good to be back!
          Astrid & Zoo

Comment

Hi Paul -I see you dug out my old post info ... thanks...
            What do you mean by 76 days ... etc and I'm out of here in your post? Got a vacation coming? ... Ahhh, vacation ... one of these days I'll have to try and see what that's like
            Astrid & Zoo

Comment

hey Patty!

Originally posted by empm View Post
              WOW! Gwenna. Where have you been? We've lost Bonnie and Clyde but still have Ursie. She will be 11 in March if she makes it as she has bone cancer. We have Frankie and Annie (Danes), and Millie, a relentless Rottie. Welcome back!
              I've been still here in Lassen County - just fell out of the forum loop for several years. I since adopted an Akita, and became more active on another forum. Yeah, I know, "traitor" lol.

SO sorry to hear about your lost friends. I had my dear sweet rescue Pug Yancy put down in October of 2008, and it nearly ruined me. Then, six months later we lost Maggie. Too many "goodbyes" around our house, that's for sure. Give your Ursie a hug, and thanks for the welcome!
              My best boy, Trooper.
              sigpic

Comment

Rock girl's wedding...

[QUOTE=Oni;523046]RockGirl, my Joey still has a crush on you but I keep showing him your wedding pixs while calmly explaining he missed his chance with you at the 2005 Nationals. So now he is still stuck with me for the another 24 years.

Steph's wedding photos were SOOOO beautiful that I saved them, with the plan to have one of them enlarged and framed to hang on my wall. I will tell everyone that she's the object of my Girl Crush, lol.
                My best boy, Trooper.
                sigpic

Comment

Wedding Photos

[QUOTE=gmac;523179]
                  Originally posted by Oni View Post
                  Steph's wedding photos were SOOOO beautiful that I saved them, with the plan to have one of them enlarged and framed to hang on my wall. I will tell everyone that she's the object of my Girl Crush, lol.
                  Aww...thanks! It was such a blur, I think it was fun. All the guests seemed to be enjoying themselves and the wedding was featured in a local magazine.

I printed out too many 8x10s (in-laws are terribly indecisive), I can send one to you. I should probably also send one to Joey also... ;-P

Steph

Comment

i liked two of them -

one was just you on the steps of the capitol and the other favorite was the one of you smoking the cigar. I'm a fairly non-romantic sort, but really loved the period-look of your wedding - very 40's chic.
                    My best boy, Trooper.
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome again Hope this time you all will stick around.

I would love to see 40's chic wedding pictures. I love the look and feel of old time photos, something about them is just amazing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Party! Party! Party!

Steph, you should post a link to some of your wedding pictures for they were fantastic. Go ahead and send Joey a wedding picture. I promise I won't even be jealous when he builds a SHRINE for it.
                        And guys, I think I have mellowed out a bit. Now I just mention my ideas a couple of times and walk away. I now try to open doors rather than kick them down.

Pouring bubbly for Bill E., Empm (hi Patty), Kwhit (I'm working on Heather too), Andi, Amicabul and Paradis, lovingly served with your cyber-hug. Hope I am not leaving anyone out. If so, just over in the corner, under the DOL Reunion Banner, is an ice bucket filled with Dom Perignon. Pop the cork, grab a straw (who needs these sissy champagne glasses anymore?) and mingle with this crowd. These are great people and extremely friendly.

As soon as everyone has enough to drink and is feeling brave, we will start the hot air balloon rides. Up! Up and away!

Comment

Oh my word, the guilt!

Ok Oni...I'm here... for those of you who don't know...my precious Bishop (my first non-rescue, first puppy) died one week shy of 7yrs old and one week after my hubby deployed to Iraq in July 07... my Queen passed last year at almost 11...

I now have Mastiffs and heartache has not stoppped, though my first is a finished Ch and a limited special, my second show boy, passed in Nov from a terminal heart defect...I also now am a foster mom for the mastiff rescue and adopted our foster girl.

Let's see if I can post pics... nope/ tried to download and nothing happened

Comment

Yeah, we have Heather again.......

Originally posted by Heather and Bishop View Post
                            Ok Oni...I'm here...
                            I now have Mastiffs and heartache has not stoppped, though my first is a finished Ch and a limited special, my second show boy, passed in Nov from a terminal heart defect...I also now am a foster mom for the mastiff rescue and adopted our foster girl.

Let's see if I can post pics... nope/ tried to download and nothing happened
                            You are a wise woman Heather because you knew I would just wear you down till you came back. Gosh, I thought Queenie and Bishop were the sweetest! What was our record for talking long distance from Japan to Spokane.....four, five hours? Sharing some of your insights with your Mastiffs will help us Daners too. Beside someone may want to do international shipping and you could write the book on that.

And as an dog-sitter in Japan, you had some tricks up your sleeve that were very useful.
                            Here is your glass of bubbly with my bear cyber-hug.....oh and a small smack along side your head cause you still have never sent me pictures of your new house!

Perhaps this will help you post pictures (altho I haven't figured it out yet.)
                            http://www.dolforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32210

I'm sure everyone wants to see Abrams, your champion Mastiff. And sweet puppy Barrett who you sadly lost at such a young age. It never gets easy.

Welcome back kiddo.

Now someone get Dawn of the El Paso Great Dane Recue to revisit!

Comment

Oni, Glad you are back. I wondered where you have been. I remember When Deb's EZ was sick when she was at the Nationals and they were having problems with proper dosing or whatever Deb said to do they weren't doing... You asked if you should fly out and kick some butt! I've always remembered that and thought it be a true statement of love!! lol.

Welcome back!
                              June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                              RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                              Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you Humbug.....

Originally posted by humbug View Post
                                Oni, Glad you are back. I wondered where you have been. I remember When Deb's EZ was sick... and they were having problems with proper dosing. You asked if you should fly out and kick some butt! I've always remembered that and thought it be a true statement of love!! lol.
                                Welcome back!
                                I consider myself to be extremely easy-going because I don't take myself or life too seriously. But as Debbie can attest, I will be the first one to "shirt-jerk" some idiot who is causing harm to an animal. And flying all the way across the United States to confront a moron causing severe harm, was not an idle threat.
                                Where have I been? Busy with one "barn" thing after another. Started playing in photography and am a long serving board member for our donkey sanctuary here. I keep going to shows and in contact with several of the old DOL gang whenever possible. My Snortgurgle is slowing down and a new pup should be on the horizon soon. So it is time to join the DOL fellowship again.

From reading the DOL board recently, I am impressed with how the opposite viewpoints are now discussed and those horrid flame wars are few and far between. I like this new tone and now want to be re-involved.
                                Thanks for the "Howdy". Oh, and have another glass of champagne.

PS: I love your dark nose picture "Lick Ya" and I am going to try something similar soon. Imitation is the highest form of praise.
                                Last edited by Oni; 02-16-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X