Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siremerlin

Good morning all,
    My boy Merlin has taken a turn for the worst! On Friday night I had to take him to the vet's he couldn't walk to well they took exrays only to find the bad arthritus and bad disk....We took him home and asisted evertime he needed to go out....On monday he couldn't walk ....My husband and I took him to an emergency hospital in Woburn Mass.....They wanted to do a MRI for 3233.58 and then surgery for 3342.15....My husband and I where a mess..We decided at that time with Merlin being 5 we couldn't aford this...
    We decided to send him to dogy heaven. So they told us at that point we could try Prednisone...We decided to give it a try....Tuesday we started.
    My friend lent me a sling to help get him down 3 stair to go out to do his buisiness.(what a life saver...)Today is day 3 he seems to be a little better..We are giving it our best. My poor boy. I dont have a computer at home so , today I am at work ...I will go home at lunch to check on him.
    Talk another time.
    Denise

I am so sorry for your poor boy. Also, look into acu puncture, and even gold beads. It can really help with situations like this. Just keep in mind, it takes a few treatments of acu puncture to have results.

Also, if you decide on the gold beads, you'll need to find a holistic vet...or talk to Dr. Durkes...the inventor of GBIs...

Good luck.
    ~Laura~

Dori: 7 years (TDI, CGC), Toby: RIP SWEET BOY (CGC), Cami: 7 years (TDI, CGC)

sigpic

Comment

Reike

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF REIKE? My husband freind will do that for free.
      I am also looking into a chiropractor...First I have to get him walking on his own, with no help from me. I am using a sling type of thing for his back end....He is 160lbs.
      Thank you Denise

Comment

?

Whoops I meant to ask what are Gold Beads???
        Denise

Comment

So sorry for Merlin. There are a couple of members on here that have had them done (Gold Beads) on their Danes and can explain them to you. I'm sure you'll hear from them. Good Luck.
          Linda and Rocky
          sigpic
          Jesse 1998-2007
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
          Harley 1998-2002
          Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Dori View Post
            Look into acupuncture, and even gold beads. It can really help with situations like this. Just keep in mind, it takes a few treatments of acupuncture to have results.
            So sorry to hear about your pup, and agree with Laura. If you decide to pursue acupuncture and possibly gold bead implants (GBI = permanent acupuncture) Dr. DUrkes web site is here: http://www.durkesanimalhospital.com/...5/Default.aspx and there is a directory of practitioners here: http://www.danebytes.com/gold_bead_implants.htm

HTH!
            Lissa's furkids: Jupiter (RIP), Merlot (RIP), Savannah, and Poet
            sigpic
            Visit them at: http://www.lissa.net/Joya/
            MAGDRL: http://www.magdrl.org/
            AKC CGC Evaluator #9661 since 2003
            Feeding RMB since 2001

Comment

Oh Denise I am so sorry to hear about Merlin. I can't offer any advice, but many others will!! I just wanted to send you guys a HUG and let you know that Merlin is in my prayers. Not an easy job for you with such a big boy in a sling.......I'm sure......hang in there and love on him a little extra from all of us!
              sigpic

Comment

We are thinking of you and Merlin.
                Ann & John and Navy (b. 1/5/14)
                Whisper (Avatar 3/9/07 - 11/19/13)

Zip (2000-2007 - waiting at the Bridge)
                http://dolforum.com/forum/image.php?...ine=1215894342

Also at the Bridge: Woof, Natasha, Kippie, Black Jack, Thumper, Nigra Altair and Sean

Comment

Sorry, been out of the swing of things for a few days...just catching up on posts...

The link Lissa gave you is a good link. Had the implants done on my boy, and they've done wonders. PM me if you'd like more info!
                  ~Laura~

Dori: 7 years (TDI, CGC), Toby: RIP SWEET BOY (CGC), Cami: 7 years (TDI, CGC)

sigpic

Comment

Merlin

Good morning all,
                    On Feb 11th. I had to put my 5 year young Merlin to sleep.
                    He was suffering,could not go to the bathroom with out assistance.
                    He would fall over and struggled getting up,having accidents in the house,
                    could not play at all. Enough was enough. There was no quallity off life for my poor sad boy....We where brocken hearted. We took off to our house in Maine, we just could not stand the empty house in Mass. We where looking
                    in a local magazine only to find a new boy......He is a black Dane with white paws...He was born on Feb 1st. So guess what happened next. We can't pick him up till March 25th. Can't wait. That's it for now.
                    I will send some picture.

Comment

I am so sad to hear about your boy. I had to put one of my girls to sleep about 2-1/2 years ago--she had bone cancer. We did everything we could and the vet finally told us that she (Issie) would let me know when it was time. She did. Somehow she had managed to get upstairs to my bed while I was out, and then she could not get up again. I had to call friends to help me carry my girl back downstairs. So, we spent our last night together sleeping on a featherbed in the livingroom with a fire in the fireplace, which she always loved. Feels like yesterday. It is never easy.
                      I wish you all the best with the new baby...funny how things pop up when you are not looking.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your support. It's so so hard to do...I no That Merlin was my son and nothing could ever replace him.....It won't be so hard to deal with once my new boy arrives.
                        Again thank you
                        Denise

Comment

How very very sad. I truly feel for you. Sending lots of hugs your way. Hopefully in time your new pup can help heal some of the pain you are dealing with right now.
                          'The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.' Ben Franklin

Comment

Thank you, I no that the pup will not replace what memories I have with Merlin....But I can look forward to new memories with my new boy,can't
                            wait.
                            Denise

Comment

So sorry!! Just know you did what was best for him. So hard to see them in pain.
                              Linda and Rocky
                              sigpic
                              Jesse 1998-2007
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
                              Harley 1998-2002
                              Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

Working...
                              X