• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Louisiana!!!!!

Hi everyone!
    I found this site by accident, but what a great one!!!!:7
    My name is Jen and I'm mommy to.....
    "Anubis" an almost 2 y.o. rescued mismarked mantle Great Dane, "Valaria" a 7 1/2 y.o. English Mastiff (my baby girl, lol), "Sgt. Buddy" a 1 y.o. German Shepherd Dog, "Hershey" a 2 y.o. Chihuahua, "Godiva" a 2 y.o. Chihuahua, and "Cadbury" a 1 1/2 y.o. Chihuahua.

"Anubis" is my second Dane. My first "Blaze" was just a baby when brain swelling due to some rare virus(so the vet says, I think it was the vaccinations) caused him to be relieved of his suffering. I'd waited for over a year for him to be born and then 9 weeks to be able to pick him up from the breeder..... He started having seizures the day before I was to get him. And upon the vet's advice he was put down, there was just nothing that the vet could do for my little guy. I held him only once, but that was enough for him to claim my heart.
    I know my little guy waits at the bridge for me.

My big boy "Anubis" is just a clown! He's the funniest dog that I've ever had and I love him to pieces.
    His best friend in the world is "Valaria" the Mastiff. She's getting on in age now and I dread the day that I'll have to say good bye to my long time companion. When "Val" isn't feeling too good, he'll come and lay next to her and fuss over her like a mother hen.

The GSD "Buddy" keeps "Anubis" running, they race and chase each other all over and argue over who gets certain toys.
    As for the Chihuahuas...... "Anubis" is their toy. They absolutly adore him, even when he drools on their heads.
    "Anubis" thinks that his job is to keep the Chis clean, he'll just lick and lick until my poor little guys are sopping wet.
    It's a regular zoo here.

Well,
    That's my intro!

Take care!!!
    Jen and the zoo

RE: Hello from Louisiana!!!!!

Welcome to all of you! We love pictures!

Gunner's Mom (Janet)

To see my boy ...
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290114239

Comment

Hi! Welcome!

I lived in New Olreans for 5 months several years ago (2000). It is good to have you aboard!

Ami, Lily and Nelson
      'Rest in Peace my sweet Tuesday'

LOOK at my babies!:
      http://www.imagestation.com/members/ami222

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Hi and Welcome. You really have a houseful. I guess I would have to call it a "Zoo" too. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure and Post pictures.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/fbb2e526.jpg

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." – Mordecai Siegal

Linda, Dave, Jesse, and Kitties, Cassie, Pekoe and Emma

http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals.../personal.html

Linda and Rocky
          sigpic
          Jesse 1998-2007
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
          Harley 1998-2002
          Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

WoooooW! What a zoo in fact! Please send us pictures of them! That would be cool to see all of them together!

welcome :7

Comment

Hi, I just posted an introduction on this site too... I was very surprised to read yours, my 12 week old's name is also "Anubis"!! I never thought I would hear of someone else naming their dog that, let alone another dane! Hopefully you don't get as many comments and mispronunciations on it as I do. I love it! My last danes name was mufasa and I never realized how many different ways people could come up with to say that... except the kids they all knew Mufasa from the Lion King so I never had a problem with them they were always correcting the adults.
              Boca & Maddox http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2131332304

In loving memory of Mufasa & Anubis
              http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287652173

Comment

Welcome from another Jen! I'd love to see pics of your zoo!

Comment

Welcome to DOL Jen!! I'm also a resident of the Bayou State. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your zoo!
                  Take care...

Kristi & Oz
                  (& the rest of the critterkids)

Comment

>Hi, I just posted an introduction on this site too... I was
                    >very surprised to read yours, my 12 week old's name is also
                    >"Anubis"!! I never thought I would hear of someone else
                    >naming their dog that, let alone another dane! Hopefully
                    >you don't get as many comments and mispronunciations on it
                    >as I do. I love it!

That's so neat! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
                    Yep, everyone says "A new who?" or "Anew what?" Or, What's a Nubus? But the cutest is my 3 y.o. GodSon who says "Nubiths".

When I got this big boy I pulled up his ears and said, yep you look like "Anubis", lol. And the name stuck, although my s.o. calls him "Rock-Head" on ocassion, LOL!

Jen - Human (slave, lol)
                    Anubis - Great Dane
                    Valaria - Eng. Mastiff
                    Sgt. Buddy - German Shepherd
                    Hershey - Chihuahua
                    Godiva - Chihuahua
                    Cadbury - Chihuahua

Comment

Hi!

That's great!
                      I only know one other person with danes in my area, but unfortunatly we can't seem to find time to chat.

Take care,
                      Jen

Comment

I am in Louisiana, as well. My Reese is A brindle dane... I am North Louisiana... just wanted to say hello to a fellow Loozinanian!

Comment

Welcome to the site! It's full of information and comments. I'm also from Louisiana (B.R.) My princess' name is Isabella. She's 17 months old and spoiled rotten. She has a canine brother Sammy (cocker spaniel), a feline sister is Jada, human siblings Megan, Brittni and Steven.

I love hearing that you have such a large "family" To me that screams that you have a loving and kind heart. Hats off to all animal lovers!!!

Again welcome,
                          Linda Landry

Comment

Weird! My best friend has a blue cat named Anubis! I call him "Neubie" for short

First time I've heard of any other animals named Anubis! Pretty cool :+

Welcome to DOL! It's addictive, beware }>

Comment

Sorry for the delayed welcome! Bienvenue!

I've been living in Georgia since 1987, but I was born and raised in Baton Rouge. Hubbie's family lives in Port Allen/Brusly area. We still go visit a couple of times a year - visit the family AND get some get some good seafood! You just can't get good crawfish here, and what they charge for shrimp is insane!

We're going to visit in a few weeks, and Sarge gets to meet everyone!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Cindy

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289003909

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X