Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise

Hi,
    I am have a female dane. I have had Katie for 1 year. She is 15 months old, and only weighs 75#. No she is not sick. I don't believ she is full dane. The breeder has lots of other dogs, particularly a chinese crested. Katie does not have the typical markings of a dane, nor the personality, and she has an abnormal heart condition. She is the most spastic dog you have ever seen. My question is can I have er tested to prove she is or is not full blood dane? If so, how?
    thanks.
    Deb

RE: Need advise

Hi:

I do not know if there is a blood test, but do you have a picture you can post. That would be helpful.

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." Mordecai Siegal

Linda, Dave, Jesse, and Kitties, Cassie, Pekoe and Emma

http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals.../personal.html

Linda and Rocky
    sigpic
    Jesse 1998-2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
    Harley 1998-2002
    Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

When you bought her, did you see her littermates or dam? Does your dog have AKC papers and/or a pedigree? Don't quite understand your emphasis on the Chinese Crested. Does the breeder also breed these other dogs she has? And if so, is there enough breeding stock to possibly require a USDA license? Thanks. mp

Comment

You can contact the AKC. There can be DNA tests done on the parents and your dog to see if they are truly her parents. There is no DNA test that you could do on her alone to see if she is all Dane or not.

I've had in small rescue Danes before that weigh about 70-80 pounds, at their healthy, full grown weight. So, her weight wouldn't make me question things completely.

And, I've known my fair share of very energetic Danes. Sounds like your girl needs some more exercise and lots of obedience work to really tire her out.

Most likely she is just a poorly bred Dane. Not that it makes her any less of a wonderful pet now! Just spay her and love her.

Bev
        Bev
        Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks,
          She is spayed, but her markings, long narrow feet, very thin coat and spastic behavior is what makes me think she is not full dane. I currently have 12 stitches in my hand because she is so spastic. She is not an ill tempered dog, just races through the house, just like the Chinese crested did that was at the breeder. She jumps constantly, despite all the obediance training and attention she gets. I constantly look like I have been in a fight with her, and she is winning. She does not try to hurt me, or my daughter, she is just so bouncy.

Comment

I know plenty of Danes that are bouncy.
            Mandi

Comment

Working...
            X