New Dane Mom in Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dane Mom in Georgia

Hello! I'm in a suburb northeast of Atlanta. My cousin in CA always has two or three Danes and she loves them, and I do too. After my last stay with her and her girls last year, I decided at the ripe age of 66 it was time for me to have my own dog, and I really wanted a Dane. Our family has always had small dogs like Jack Russells and Schnauzers, which were for the kids. Our last dog passed a few years ago at 17 yrs old.

My cousin recommended a breeder in FL that she likes and has purchased Danes from. So I got on a list and after many months of waiting I finally have my Blue girl, Bella Mia. We drove to FL and picked her up in May when she was eight and a half weeks old. I sat in the back seat with her, petting and trying to engage her with toys. After a couple of hours she put her little paws on my leg, laid her snout/chin on top my leg and gazed up at me with her blue eyes. She had me...she was mine and I was hers. She is now 15 weeks old, and she is so sweet, gentle, adorable, and beautiful. If it sounds like I am in love... I am.

I found an experienced trainer who has a Dane herself. And I found a vet that has a Dane and has had Danes for years, so I am am hoping it will be a good fit.

I have been learning a lot from reading the posts on DanesOnline, and am grateful for all the input and wisdom that is shared. Thank you!

welcome and congrats on becoming a first time dane parent! your girl sounds perfect and you are so lucky to have so many dane-experienced people along for the ride.

by any chance, did your puppy come from oceanblue danes?
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
      welcome and congrats on becoming a first time dane parent! your girl sounds perfect and you are so lucky to have so many dane-experienced people along for the ride.

by any chance, did your puppy come from oceanblue danes?
      Thank you! I am grateful for this forum and all the experience and the wealth of advice offered.

Comment

the forums are nearly as active as they used to be although a few of the old veteran members still check in often. DOL also has a facebook page that's very active so if you have FB, you should join there, too!
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
        X