Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reintroduction

Hi all,

I'm an old-timer here at DOL. I've been here long enough to remember when there were so many posts in a day that you had to check every hour to keep up to date. Many of those were long-time breeders and enthusiasts. Some of those friendships I made then as a newbie are now still existing in real-life or over on Facebook, where everyone moved to after this website went to crap. I have to say I really miss the old days...you didn't have to "friend" everyone to engage in discussion or debate. I know the group now is very small but I hope to help educate newcomers who try to learn from the archives.

I got my first Dane from gxrsean, who used to frequent this forum. He was a show dog they were retiring and was the best damn dog ever. He's been gone many years now. Today I have three, a fawn who will turn 4 in July, a harl who just turned 3 and a brindle who is my wild-child at 17 months. We dabble in showing from time to time but nothing too hard-core.

My fawn, Kona..."Luna N' Journey's Hawaiian Gold"

My Harl, Deeds..."Windycity N' Journey's Done Dirt Cheap"

My brindle, Riggs..."Journey's Big Rigg"

I'd love to hear from folks that may still be around, lurking like I have done all these years.
    sigpic

Still a lurker (mainly so I can keep tabs on Angel and Phin). And I miss the old forum as well (I bitch about it to often so maybe I'll refrain for once LOL). I still have my Rupert who is the dog that caused me to join in '09. He'll be 10 in June. Nice to see you!
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I'm still around... once in a while. Lost my Loki this past November so not as active I guess. I miss the old days of this forum still.

Comment

i still check in often and i'm right there with ya, really miss the good ole days!! DOL is ok on facebook but it isn't nearly as "intimate" as the forums once were. michelle, your current crew is awesome!!!

i have a whole different crew these days and even broke my "3 danes at a time" rule last summer when i got jorah from rescue. he just kept calling my name and every time i looked at his pictures, i just got sucked in more and more. plus, i really missed having a dane boy around!

olivia, rescued at 8 and just turned 12. she started heart meds for a leaky valve a few months ago and is doing great.

destiny came from a horrible byb. when she could no longer produce puppies, the woman just wanted her gone. i did pay a small price for her but if i hadn't taken her, i don't even wanna think about where she might have ended up. she was 6 when i got her and recently turned 10.

jorah who came from rescue at the age of 7. he will be 8 in july and he is aaaall puppy! he's a big goof who bonded with me and the girls instantly. he is as lovable as they come!

and there's eden. this pretty girl came from a breeder in wisconsin we all know and love. i had been on the list for a retired show dog for years and when eden was offered to me, i was over the moon. got her when she was 3, she will be 6 this summer. she is another perpetual puppy and she and jorah will play and zoomie till the cows come home! eden has a couple of sons who are setting the show ring on fire.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
          i still check in often and i'm right there with ya, really miss the good ole days!! DOL is ok on facebook but it isn't nearly as "intimate" as the forums once were. michelle, your current crew is awesome!!!

i have a whole different crew these days and even broke my "3 danes at a time" rule last summer when i got jorah from rescue. he just kept calling my name and every time i looked at his pictures, i just got sucked in more and more. plus, i really missed having a dane boy around!

olivia, rescued at 8 and just turned 12. she started heart meds for a leaky valve a few months ago and is doing great.

destiny came from a horrible byb. when she could no longer produce puppies, the woman just wanted her gone. i did pay a small price for her but if i hadn't taken her, i don't even wanna think about where she might have ended up. she was 6 when i got her and recently turned 10.

jorah who came from rescue at the age of 7. he will be 8 in july and he is aaaall puppy! he's a big goof who bonded with me and the girls instantly. he is as lovable as they come!

and there's eden. this pretty girl came from a breeder in wisconsin we all know and love. i had been on the list for a retired show dog for years and when eden was offered to me, i was over the moon. got her when she was 3, she will be 6 this summer. she is another perpetual puppy and she and jorah will play and zoomie till the cows come home! eden has a couple of sons who are setting the show ring on fire.
          Charlene I remember Eden!!! I can't believe she's 6 now. I miss Carolyn here on DOL but I get to see her pretty often in real life so I can't complain. I love your crew!
          sigpic

Comment

IKR! Itíll be 3 years in august since I got Eden, time really does fly when youíre having fun. LOL

i see Carolyn on facebook and we chat once in a while. She is having an awesome year with her dogs!!! Iím so jealous, wish I lived close enough to see her in person!
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Wow, so many handsome guys... I am trying to upload you my photo of my big girl.

Comment

Hi! I'm still around every so often too to check in.
                I lost my Festus back in May 2018. I still have Ginnie and I have her daughter Liv now too One of these days I'll figure out the picture thing again and post some photos of the girls.
                sigpic

Comment

for those of you wanting to post pictures, i use Imgur.com and it's very user friendly! it works like photobucket only better.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                  X