When feeding!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When feeding!

I notice these past two days that when i feed my dane and i go over to rub his ears he stops eating and just stares at almost as if he gonna take a bite at my arm he has neverrr everrr done that til these past two days he allways lets me pet him while he eats since he was a puppy yesterday i was rubing his ears he just stoped and gave me a weird look like if he wanted to bite thats not normal i never seen him due that , can anybody explain why he would act like that it almost looked like if he was food agresive i have never ever took his food away

Is it possible his ears are bothering him?
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

No he even does ot when i rub his back hes never stop and look at me whit that look on his face he dosent growl or anything he just looks at me and wont eat till i leave

Comment

if he "freezes" when you pet him during his meal, this sounds like the beginnings of possibly food aggression. i would just back off and leave him alone when he's eating. i never did understand the business of petting a dog, taking food away and putting it back down... those things would tick me off if somebody did that to ME. i just don't see the point in pestering a dog when it's eating. meals should be a peaceful time for your dog and apparently what you are doing is making him very uncomfortable.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Agree Charlene
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...