Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Fellow Dane Lovers - Finally figured out how to post something!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Fellow Dane Lovers - Finally figured out how to post something!

This is my first time posting and I must say I have been challenged trying to figure this out. We adopted our almost 15 month old Blue Merle, Aryia, last July. She was rescued at 4 months of age. Outside of our children, and each other, Aryia is the love of our lives.

She has recently become a bit of a challenge in that she has started biting at her harness and leash when taking her walking. If we stop to visit with neighbors, she chews her leash. I am assuming it is the teenager in her right now, but have a private trainer coming this Wednesday for some help. I love taking her camping with me (my husband is not a camper) and I only have a pop up, so she is on a tie out and a leash except when in be with me. She was not a problem last year - but she is a women now (spayed at 13 months).

I am excited to be a part of this blog (is that what this is?) and can't wait to get advice, suggestions and support. Here is our girl!

• Alovin24
    replied
    She is beautiful!! How did you get pictures to upload? Im new to this group and have been trying for days ugh

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    You can also spray bitter Apple, Bitter Cherry or bitter citrus on her leash to help discourage her from chewing her leash. Also try distracting her. Getting her into a good group obedience class with a trainer can be very, very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    She is so pretty! Maybe you could bring a toy with you to distract her from biting the leash? What is the leash made of? Leather is especially yummy. LOL Maybe tie her on a cable when camping. (Also, she is just Merle, not blue Merle).

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    welcome!! aryia is a pretty pup!! hopefully the trainer can give you some help with the leash issues. i'm not much help because i rarely ever walk my dogs. we live in the country with hundreds of acres of farm fields that we roam off leash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X