X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perez_08
    started a topic Help

Help

Can anyone help me with her breed sheís exactly 3 months the man I bought it from said she was a Great Dane Merle but I have a hard time believing that

• Charlene
    replied
    i haven't heard that particular statistic but if both parents are merle colored (like your puppy), there is a good chance that puppies in the litter could be born blind and/or deaf. definitely not a reputable breeder. if you can afford pet insurance, i would strongly suggest you check into it. hopefully, your puppy will grow and thrive but there are health issues you *could* run into down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Perez_08
    replied
    Thanks guys Iíll be posting pics on here as she grows also Iíve read a lot about the blue eyed with a 25% of going blind is that a myth?

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    The puppy doesn't look as old as said and that registry is NOT a reputable one and is NEVER used by a responsible breeder.. Sadly this puppy was produced by an irresponsible breeder.. All you can do is love her, socialize her, train her and hopefully will not have any health or temperament issues.

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    that's what i thought, too. here's a photo of the "registration" papers. i've never heard of this organization.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    I was going to say, the first pic looks 3 weeks and that "6 week" pic looks maybe 5 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    her puppy at 6 weeks. he looks younger to me.

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    so, it sounds like they both have the same coloring as your pup? was their coloring "splotchy" like hers? if that's the case, this is definitely not a reputable/good breeder. but you have her now and you love her dearly so feed her good food and let her grow at a nice slow pace. she may never be very big but it's genetics and there's nothing you can do to make it happen.

it wouldn't hurt to take a stool sample to the vet and make sure your dewormer worked as it should have. there are different "stages" of internal parasites that a past deworming may not have killed.

Leave a comment:

• Perez_08
    replied
    Mom was grey and white and dad was black with grey

Leave a comment:

• Perez_08
    replied
    Yes I have dewormed her and Iíll check the registration papers when I get home I think itís akc

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    As Charlene said 6 weeks is way too young for a puppy to go to it's new home...Responsible breeders never send them until they are at least 8 weeks. She does look Dane but small and not well bred.... what registry are her papers from? I also second Charlene that she looks like she might have worms but hard to tell.

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    i do think she's a purebred dane but not well bred. without seeing the parents, i would say they are not very good representatives of the breed even if they are purebred. have you dewormed her at all? she looks like she might have a wormy belly but it's hard to tell with this picture and the position she's in.

what colors were the mom and dad?

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    ok guys, this is the pup at 1 month and 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    six weeks is far too soon to take a puppy from it's mother and litter mates. they should stay together for AT LEAST 8-10 weeks. my email is nina@irtc.net. send me some pictures and i can post them here for you.

Leave a comment:

• Perez_08
    replied
    Also vet records from her first shots I have

Leave a comment:

Working...
X