Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductions

Hi all,

I am reintroducing myself and introducing our newest member of the family. I had a profile under my previous dog's name and it literally took my breath away when I looked at it because we had to put her down in January for reasons beyond our control. I decided to start a new profile and am very happy I did so to prevent the nervous breakdown that was sure to result if I stayed under my previously chosen profile name. I hadn't been an active poster anyway so it wasn't a big deal, but sure appreciated the help I received from the forum when our lovely Great Dane was ill and I needed help.

Anyway, we have selected a new pup and we are very excited to have her join us around March 7th! We named her Neo and you can see her play growling in the pic in my profile photo. I assure you, this is not her personality, I just thought it was a cute pic because she is so sweet.

We're excited to have her join our Ocean's Four furry family and train her up to be our Second Story girl! I can't wait to learn more about raising a Great Dane puppy as I didn't do that with Chaos and believe this may make all the difference.

Thanks for letting us be a part of this wonderful community!
    Oceans Four
    Dani SassyPants-11-year-old Mini Dachshund (aka the Mastermind)
    Neo-Great Dane- born January 10th, 2019 (in training to be the Second Story Girl)
    Mayhem-3-year-old Weimaraner/Great Dane mix (aka the Muscle)
    Charlie-10-year-old Ratshire Terrier (aka the Lookout)
    1 untrainable husband who helps herd Oceans Four

Welcome back! I just recently logged back on as well. Neo is very cute! Hope to see its of pictures when she comes home
    ~Kelsey, mom to~
    Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
    Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
    Cece- Calico 4 years
    Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
    Tyke- 4 months

Comment

welcome back! that's an awfully cute puppy!! looking forward to watching her grow big and strong.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi
        I had a Labrador great Dane mix for 15 years passed away a couple of years ago. He was a rescue dog was very healthy and a big part of our family. I would like to find a dog very similar. Does anyone have any tips on where to find a dog like this?. Is there an online rescue?.
        Thank you for any help in our search

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Rhulsizer, we found lots of rescues that were Lab/Great Dane mixes on Petfinder. They weren't what we were looking for, but I imagine you could find a wonderful dog that way, especially for rescue!

Also, if you find a local rescue and apply, they will work with you to find a dog that fits your lifestyle and personality. We looked into several rescues here, but the one Great Dane they had didn't work for us as he didn't get along with male dogs (which we have) so we looked into getting a puppy. The local rescues were the best with us, and have stringent adoption guidelines which made me feel better.

Good luck in your search for a new family member!
          Oceans Four
          Dani SassyPants-11-year-old Mini Dachshund (aka the Mastermind)
          Neo-Great Dane- born January 10th, 2019 (in training to be the Second Story Girl)
          Mayhem-3-year-old Weimaraner/Great Dane mix (aka the Muscle)
          Charlie-10-year-old Ratshire Terrier (aka the Lookout)
          1 untrainable husband who helps herd Oceans Four

Comment

Hello, bringing our new dane puppy home on or about April 15. We are so excited and nervous at the same time. Haven't had a dog in MANY years. Last dog was a doxie so this is a major change. Looking forward to learning more about our new girl before we bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by DebbieAH View Post
              Hello, bringing our new dane puppy home on or about April 15. We are so excited and nervous at the same time. Haven't had a dog in MANY years. Last dog was a doxie so this is a major change. Looking forward to learning more about our new girl before we bring her home.
              make sure you're buying from a reputable breeder who does all of the necessary health testing to ensure you're puppy will grow up healthy both in mind and body! how old will she be when you bring her home?
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Hello there! Just got my 10th great dane. My new puppy is a 16 week old blue male. My brother and I's grandkids got together and named him Andy. For 44 years, no burglaries, no bite incidents, but plenty of chewed up items, (lawn mower, swimming pool, air conditioner, etc. . . Looking forward to this baby growing up, I also have a 7 yr old merle, Dean, (rescue).

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post

make sure you're buying from a reputable breeder who does all of the necessary health testing to ensure you're puppy will grow up healthy both in mind and body! how old will she be when you bring her home?
                  Thank you She will have all testing done, her parents are hip certified(if that's a thing) and dewormed, microchiped and AKC papers. I feel good about the breeder. We've visited many time to visit with previous litter as well as this one. Getting really excited.

Comment

what i meant was make sure both the sire and dam are health tested (hips, eyes, thyroid, etc.). also ask your breeder if s/he has ever experienced dilated cardiomyopathy or cancer in any of their lines. your puppy won't be tested as these tests are not performed until dogs reach adulthood.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                    X