Pure balance dog food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure balance dog food

My 10 week old puppy will only eat pure balance. I’ve bought diamond large breed puppy and blue buffalo large breed puppy but he only wants to eat the husky’s food. Will it hurt? He’s 23 pounds.

I would not Recommend it.. the ingredients aren't that good even though the first 2 ingredients are a named meat source... the fragmented rice & pea ingredients added up outweigh the meat content. Also they don't list the calcium/phosphorous levels and this is very important info when feeding a Dane puppy.. The Blue Buffalo is not a good choice since it has had a lot of serious issues over the past year up to present.. including lying about ingredients... There are far better foods out there than any of the ones you mentioned..... Chicken Soup Large breed Puppy is one, Some of the Fromm formulas, Some of the American Journey formulas, Some of the Canidae Formulas, just to name a very few... Calcium should never be over 1.5 phosphorous never over 1.0 with lower on both best.. 1.2 calcium, .08 phosphorous is near the ideal.. 23 # sounds a bit under for a 10 week old purebred Dane pup..this is usually the weight of a 7-8 week old... but he could be low end of size depending on bloodlines since different lines grow and mature differently.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

His parents are super small. Mom is 100 and Dad is 127. The vet recommended blue buffalo. What about 4 health?

Comment

I'm surprised a vet would recommend Blue Buffalo in light of all the issues they have had.... Some of the 4health formulas are ok but many are not.. many are too low in meats and too high in plant ingredients.. plus you need to be very careful of the calcium/phosphorous levels.. What was the breeder feeding?
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA

Comment

He was originally on Iams large breed puppy food but I thought that was bad too.

Comment

Yes, IAMS is not a good food...
            sigpic
            Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
            Associate Member GDCNE
            Member GSPCA
            Member NAVHDA

Comment

I’m thinking of trying canidae. Any thoughts?

Comment

Canidae is a good food but make sure to check the calcium/phosphorous levels before feeding to a puppy
                sigpic
                Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
                Associate Member GDCNE
                Member GSPCA
                Member NAVHDA

Comment

I went with simply nourish large breed. It has everything he needs and he loves it. Could hardly get him to eat the blue buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                  X