Growing pain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing pain

Hey guys , I'm a new Dane owner . My 7 month old Dane started limping a couple weeks ago . I thought he may of just played to hard with the other dogs .it to about a week and Roman seemed to be better . Then on morning couldn't get up and was in serve pain . Of course rushed him to the vet .xRay's showed nothing . Vet just chalked it up to growing pains . Guess what I'm wondering has any experienced this as well and what do you do . I feel horrible for him . Any advise ??

Pano (growing pains) usually occurs because of calcium/phosphorous levels that are too high and/or excess calories or over feeding.. What are you feeding? Are you keeping him lean? How much are you feeding? Did the vet check for HOD? this is far more serious than Pano and has the same causes.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Thanks for the feedback . I'm feeding him taste of wild Pacific steam . Adult. He get 2 cup a.m 2 noon 2 evening . 6 a day . Roman is about 115 pound super tall and lean . He is doing a lot better . His worst time is in the morning . Stiff I would imagen from lying down all night .

Comment

The adult formulas of TOTW are to high in calcium/phosphorous for a Dane puppy...The puppy formulas are in the safe levels.. I recommend that you switch from the adult to the Pacific Stream puppy.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Wow I thought I was being safe cause the protein level was low . But I need watch calicium / phosphate too . Do you know what the levels should be ? Thanks so much for your help

Comment

Working...
          X