Let me introduce myself!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me introduce myself!

My name is Kathie and I have been in love with great danes for about 5 years. I currently have a male, red brindle Greyhound, Dylan, who is 11. He is a retired racer who we've had for 5 years. I actually fell in love with a dane which led me to get a Grey. We hope to get a dane real soon, perhaps towards the end of June. I am concerned about introducing Dylan to the new pup. He is an alpha male who is the sweetest guy . . . except when it comes to other dogs on, or in front of, our property. Because he's an alpha male, I think it's best to get a female and pup. We think that we will introduce the two of them somewhere else . . . walk with them in the neighborhood for a while . . . and then walk them both into the house, at a safe distance, of course. And, Dylan will be muzzled. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Definetly introduce on neutral territory, keep well supervised and be ready to quickly intervene if needed.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

I'm Jerisha and I brought home my 8 week old great dane puppy last week. He has been a pure joy, my family and I love him to bits! I have seen so much information on what to feed him that its overwhelming. Is there a place or one particular forum where I can find information on just what foods are best for puppy and what the food should and shouldn't have? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Food should be good quality.. a named meat/meat meal as at least the first 2-4 ingredients.. no corn, wheat, soy, glutens or fragmented plant ingredients.. No unnamed meat/meat meal or fat sources. Calcium not over 1.5, phosphorous not over 1.0.. lower is best for both especially if you have a pup from fast growing lines.. Do not over feed, do not leave food down...puppies should not have unlimited calories. Your pup should be lean and well muscled but the hips, spine should not show.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
        X