Susan ostrofski

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan ostrofski

Hi I have a beautiful Great Dane named minty. I rescued her as a pup she has the most beautiful character really great with lil kids but she hates men. I mean with a passion. I know that I saved her from someone who intended for her to be a "breeder". She has caught what I think is a cold. And I'm not sure how to help her. She is on a raw food diet. Any advice would be great.

what makes you think she has a cold? goopy eyes? nasal discharge? not eating well? really, the only way to know for sure if something is up is a vet visit. are you afraid of her reaction to a male vet? perhaps you can find a female vet who has experience with giants breeds. either way, it sounds like a vet visit is in order.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Thank u so much. I do agree iv taken her to the vet. She didnt have a cold. She had a lundge at the male vet, was very aggressive. So he decided to swap for a female.

Comment

glad you took him in! how did you like the female vet? what was the diagnosis?

i have female vet and she is the bomb. she is very emotional and very attached to her clients and their pets. each time i have taken a dog to her that i knew was having a major health crisis, she would cry as she delivered the news of osteosarcoma or DCM or liver failure.

hope minty is doing better!
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

She wasn't sure on the female vet but she let her touch her which is a big deal. Minty is very protective of myself n my two boys so for her to be checked properly the vet sedated her. I wasn't sure on this but the stress on minty was easily seen so I allowed it. So she was at the pound for 3 days last week whilst I heightened my fencing. In that time she contracted flea's, worms a hair folical infection n lost 15kgs. I was furious. Iv slowly been getting some weight on her n got rid of the fleas, worms n The infection is on its way out. I'm proud to report that minty is doing good n came out if the sedation well

Comment

Working...
          X