2 year old male not eating much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 year old male not eating much

I'm coming here for ideas. My 2 year old GD has not been eating as much ever since my other GD died back in September. We figured he needed some time to grieve but it's now November and he is still extremely finicky and has lost 5 pounds from his already slim frame. I took him to the vet and his blood work is fine. Next step is a stool test.

He was raw fed at the breeder but ate a combo of kibble and raw when my other GD was alive. Now he won't touch his kibble and is not even that attracted to raw food. We did get a puppy a few days ago and he will sometimes eat her kibble.

I'm at a loss here and want this guy to put on weight quickly.

Any thoughts or advice?
    sigpic
    6 year old brindle male GD
    3 year old black female GD

I lost Jackson over a month ago. He was my ancient pack leader and the hole in my pack was huge. Raven, my 10 year old border collie was number two, and now finds herself uncomfortable in the top canine spot. She's been taking a piece of her raw and hiding it most every day since Jackson passed...I'm not sure why. She sticks very close on our pasture walks now and she was always the one I had to be nervous about with taking off and not listening. Losing a lifelong companion really throws them out of sync.

I would suggest feeding something new and novel for awhile, like maybe a crockpot cooked meaty doggy stew type of stuff. Burger, rice, low sodium broth, carrots or yams. Throw some cream cheese or sour cream or cottage cheese in the mix. You can mix that with some raw. Just try something different that you've never fed before.
    Tracy
    sigpic
    Mouse April 2010
    Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. I will give the "stew" a try.
      sigpic
      6 year old brindle male GD
      3 year old black female GD

Comment

Working...
      X