X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MongosMommy
    started a topic Doctors says he is two thin:(

Doctors says he is two thin:(

When we got Mongo last month he was 3 months old. He weighed 28.6 lbs on his first doctors appointment on March 4th. He had his second doctors appointment on March 18th and he weighed 36 lbs. So he gained 8lbs in two weeks. His next appointment is on April 15th. Doctor suggested to add a little can food to his food to get him to eat more. It did help a little. He still seems very skinny we can see more then the back two ribs. He is much taller then his last doctor visit.

He is eating. About 6 cups of Nutro Ultra for Large breed Puppies and almost 1 can of Nutro Ultra Puppy.

Any thoughts or should we wait it out?
    Last edited by MongosMommy; 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM.

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Originally posted by andipanda 1 View Post
    Almost spit my iced coffee at the screen. He looks GREAT !!!!

Andi
    LOL Thank you

Angel

Leave a comment:

• andipanda 1
    replied
    Almost spit my iced coffee at the screen. He looks GREAT !!!!

Andi

Leave a comment:

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Just been a little busy with the kids out of school.

Thank you again for the help.

Mongo is 7 1/2 months old and is now 86 pounds

I think he is growing pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• M1sf1t
    replied
    I agree. Your dog looks great! People tell me my pup is thin all the time too. It's just the standard belief that puppies should be pudgy and cute. I ignore them. Unless his spine and hip bones start to show I wouldn't worry.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lizzie
    replied
    Your pup looks AWESOME.
    ignore the vet.

Leave a comment:

• elaineaskew
    replied
    Mongo looks just right to me...handsome boy!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie&Moose
    replied
    Originally posted by MongosMommy View Post
    Good to hear. Thank you I got worried when the doctor said he was to thin. I read that we shouldn't let him get heavy. Not that we were holding back food. That is all he wants to eat.
    many vets who aren't familiar with XXLRG breeds don't understand that ribby is the best thing for them..

Also, we are getting so used to seeing obese animals now-a-days that healthy is starting to look thin to the human eye..

Leave a comment:

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Originally posted by CarolB View Post
    He looks fine for his age. You don't want pups to be too heavy during the fast growing months.

Good to hear. Thank you I got worried when the doctor said he was to thin. I read that we shouldn't let him get heavy. Not that we were holding back food. That is all he wants to eat.

Leave a comment:

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Originally posted by zoocrew View Post
    I think he looks fine, not underweight at all.
    Great Good to hear. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• CarolB
    replied
    He looks fine for his age. You don't want pups to be too heavy during the fast growing months.

Leave a comment:

• zoocrew
    replied
    I think he looks fine, not underweight at all.

Leave a comment:

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenmagick View Post
    I actually feed raw

Check out the kibble section here for lots of information...or a site like dogfoodanalysis.com
    Thank you. I will check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Greenmagick
    replied
    I actually feed raw

Check out the kibble section here for lots of information...or a site like dogfoodanalysis.com

Leave a comment:

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenmagick View Post
    In that pic he looks pretty good? Personally, I dont like the ingredients in Nutro so wouldnt feed it. But, adding some canned in general is actually a good idea (helps reduce bloat and adds some variety and moisture to the diet).
    Thank you for commenting I'm glad he looks good to you. What food do you feed your Dane? My husband picked out the food. What ingredients do you like to stay away from?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X