A not so Merry Christmas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A not so Merry Christmas

I hate writing this. It's almost impossible. We lost Foster on Friday the 21st. He was almost 13 months old.

We just moved as some of you know. Lots of woods around, land, room to run.

I let Foster out before bed on Thursday night, he ran out did his business, played around a while went running on the outskirts of the woods.
    I called him back in, he was limping a bit, I brushed it off as he just stepped wrong on a stick in the woods.

I woke up the next morning and Foster wouldn't get up. He was not breathing and his leg was so swollen and oozing pus mixed with blood. I rushed him to the vet, but at this point he was gone.

Snake bite apparently. My kids took it so hard. He is in our house now only in ash form. I can't write anymore, I can't cry anymore at work, just thought I would say byw to everyone. It is too painful right now to be back. Maybe we will heal and get anpther pup one day. Not right now.

All my love,
    Ashley & Angel Foster
    sigpic
    Wife
    Mom to 4 human kids
    Foster (Dane) 11/24/2011-12/21/2012

oh no!!!

I am so sorry

Comment

I am so so sorry for your loss. So young

RIP sweet boy

Comment

Thanks, Give Marley, Ivy, and Quke a big hug from me!!
        sigpic
        Wife
        Mom to 4 human kids

Comment

Oh No! I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how sad & shocked you are right now. Sending thoughts & prayers to you & your family. RIP sweet Foster
          sigpic Brenda
          RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
          Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Oh, no!!!

I'm so sorry, sweetie.

Hugs from me and puppy kisses from Yuuko to you and your family.
            sigpic
            Mommy to:
            Yuuko - GD, home 6/21/12, my furry snuggle beast of DOOM
            Harlee - GD, came into our lives 6/6/13
            And three kitties who still aren't crazy about these big dogs in their house
            RIP, Fruitcake...We love you, sweet kitty

Comment

I'm so sorry.
              Jacki___________________
              Molly: 4.5 yr old Chihuahua/Dachshund - Fawn
              Bella: 2.5 yr Dane - Black. Harley: 3 yr Dane - Merle. Oliver: 5 yr old Feline Furball - Grey/White
              sigpic

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." — Martin Buber

Comment

I am so sorry. Please, be careful out there with other pets and you and your children.

Andi

Comment

My heart is breaking for you! I loved seeing your pictures of Foster, I can't imagine your pain. I hope your heart can heal swiftly.
                  *Michelle*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andipanda 1 View Post
                    I am so sorry. Please, be careful out there with other pets and you and your children.

Andi

We made a rule, no going near the woods and B is putting a fence up along the wooded line.

I honestly don't feel like I will ever get past this.
                    sigpic
                    Wife
                    Mom to 4 human kids

Comment

I am so sorry... My heart just aches for you and your family.
                      Mary
                      Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
                      Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
                      Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
                      Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
                      Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
                      Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

I am so so sorry for your loss! I am crying just reading your post!!
                        My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....
                        sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:
                        Bonnie - female, pitbull/great dane mix -4 yrs.
                        Clyde - male, pitbull - 3 yrs.
                        Emma - female, great dane - 19 months

Comment

I'm sooo sorry to hear this, my heart is breaking for you and your family.
                          RIP Foster!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Melissa ..... Proud Mom to:
                          Tank - Fawn English Mastiff, 4.5 years old(http://facebook.com/tanklindsay) &
                          Daisy - Merle Great Dane, 2 years old(http://facebook.com/daisylindsay)

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose them so suddenly and when they are so young. It may seem like you will never get over it, but your pain will lessen in time. You will never forget him or stop missing him, but the pain will ease with time. Eventually you will be able to think about him and not break down and cry, but remember him and all the joy he brought to you and your family during the short time he was with you and it will once again bring a smile to your face.

Big hugs
                            sigpic
                            RIP Buddy, 5/4/2011 - 8/15/2012

Comment

oh man, that is so sad .. try not to beat yourself up about it .. who would have thought that this time of year you'd have to watch out for snakes. It's winter for Petes sake, they're supposed to be hibernating.

You may want to research what types of snakes live in your area. A fence won't keep a snake out (sorry to say) they will just tunnel under it.
                              sigpic
                              A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Working...
                              X