No announcement yet.

NDR - Tumor on leg, surgery Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Zeke. I feel so bad for him. We got him a E-collar but I don't want to put it on him if we don't need to. So far he's being pretty good. The vet suggested putting an old long sleeve t-shirt on him to keep him from bothering them, but that seems like it may rub on the one on his chest so not sure how well that will work.

Took a few pics of the aftermath.

(Please ignore the dirty floors in this pic. How embarrasing!)

sigpic
    RIP Buddy, 5/4/2011 - 8/15/2012

Comment

poor guy.. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Does he like the water at all? With him being 7 swimming would be a great way to shed a few pounds and take the stress off the joints(after he's healed of course)
      sigpic
      CHDANTRYDANES SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE- "Moose"
      Born: April 10,2011

FINISHED IN 1 WEEKEND
      Bitch-CHDANTRYDANES SHE'S A NATURAL
      Stud-CHDANTRYDANES OUT OF AZORES

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie&Moose View Post
        poor guy.. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Does he like the water at all? With him being 7 swimming would be a great way to shed a few pounds and take the stress off the joints(after he's healed of course)
        Not really. We live on a lake and a river; he will wade in a little in the river on hot summer days, but that's about it. We live in the middle of pretty much nowhere, so no access to a swimming pool or facility to bring him to try swimming therapy either. When we lived in Phoenix, we had a pool and we could get him on the step with alot of effort, but couldn't get him to swim. He's actually lost alot of weight since he started thyroid meds a couple years ago - he was so fat he looked like a sausage LOL. If I remember right, he was around 155 lbs before thyroid meds, and weighed in at 128 at the vets today.
        sigpic
        RIP Buddy, 5/4/2011 - 8/15/2012

Comment

Just reading this. Poor guy.. I hope the recovery is speedy and uneventful and that the results are nothing serious...

Um, if you think your floors are dirty, try coming to our house! I would be happy if ours photographed that well!!
          Mary
          Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
          Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
          Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
          Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
          Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
          Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

Aw, all that shaved hair makes it look worse than it actually is. Just getting caught up as well. I'm sorry to hear about everything, but glad to hear that the surgery was uneventful. I'll keep Zeke in my thoughts and am sending healing vibes your way!
            sigpic
            <, and Stef
            <'
            What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Macho Cheese!!

Comment

I am just catching up, too. Otis had a similar procedure not long ago to remove what turned out to be a mast cell tumor. I'll tell you, if he can tolerate it, do the e-collar. I thought Otis would be fine without it, and as long as someone was with him, he didn't lick - but leave him alone for 10 minutes and it was lick city. He wore the inflatable type for awhile, but it turned out he could maneuver around it and lick. Tried a regular e-collar but he was so anxious that we had to take it off. Long story short, even with practically 24/7 babysitting, he managed to lick and his stitches had to stay if 4 days longer than planned because it wasn't healing properly.

I hope the news is all good. Zeke looks like a total lover!
              Stephanie, Otis, Rugby (watching from the bridge) and the Feline Gang
              sigpic

Comment

Glad it went well!
                sigpic
                Crystal
                Owned by:
                Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
                CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
                Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
                Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Working...