NDR - Tumor on leg, surgery Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDR - Tumor on leg, surgery Monday

I sure could use some good vibes sent our way for our 7 year old Mastiff, Zeke. He's been a sort of lumpy/bumpy guy for a few years now, but none of his lumps ever really grew, didn't cause him any discomfort and the vet has never been concerned about them and just wanted to keep an eye on them. But he has had one on his back leg that has probably at least doubled in size in the past few months, it is now about the size of a ping-pong ball. He's also had a limp on that leg that has gotten progressively worse the last couple months as well; it went from just taking a couple sore steps when he first gets up to now lately he doesn't really want to put weight on the leg when he's standing; although we still go for daily walks and he gets along fine although walks a bit straight-legged.

Took him to the vet this morning and she was concerned because it has grown so quickly; she is also a little concerned with a couple smaller, yet a bit deeper, lumps on his back/hip. She thought it was best that they come off ASAP. She's not sure if the limp is just due to some arthritis in his knee; or if it is something else. She mentioned the possiblity of bone cancer but she really didn't linger on that so I'm really hoping its just arthritis, he isn't a spring chicken anymore.

So, he's scheduled for surgery first thing Monday morning. Did the pre-op bloodwork today and everything looked good so hopefully all will go smoothly. We will be sending them off for pathology and really hoping they just come back as benign fatty tumors.

I could sure use some good thoughts and vibes sent our way on Monday for Zeke! After loosing Buddy in August and Lacey last year I don't know if we can take another heartbreak so soon!

Here is a picture of our goofy boy Zeke. He's such a big teddy bear.

sigpic
    RIP Buddy, 5/4/2011 - 8/15/2012

Positive prayers and healing thoughts for your Zeke.
    He's a QT for sure!
    Jacki___________________
    Molly: 4.5 yr old Chihuahua/Dachshund - Fawn
    Bella: 2.5 yr Dane - Black. Harley: 3 yr Dane - Merle. Oliver: 5 yr old Feline Furball - Grey/White
    sigpic

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." — Martin Buber

Comment

Powerful prayers from us too. Hoping it is just a lump!

Teresa
      Teresa
      sigpic

Comment

Sending good vibes for Zeke!
        sigpic

Comment

Ah what a sweet looking guy. Hope everything goes OK.

Comment

I hope everything goes well for Zeke--what a wonderful, squooshy looking fellow!

I'm going to schedule a vet appointment for my 12 year old huskyx Jackson next week. He's also been lumpy all his life, but he's got a new and *sigh* quickly growing lump behind his left elbow, and he's now lame on that front leg most of the time. I dread the visit, just because of his age and what I suspect, but I need to know what we're dealing with and go from there.
            Tracy
            sigpic
            Mouse April 2010
            Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

I love an OEM !!! Give him big hugs and jowly kisses from me. Prayers...

Andi

Comment

Thanks everyone. Zeke went into surgery this morning and I'm still waiting to hear how everything went. Ugg the waiting is terrible....
                sigpic

Comment

Hang in there Your big sweet boy will be fine.... and will come out a few lumps and bumps less
                  sigpic
                  Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
                  Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
                  Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

I'm sure that Zeke will be fine. Stay strong.
                    sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
                    Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
                    Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
                    Jadzia-Dane (2010-
                    Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

Good thoughts and healthy vibes for your sweet boy!
                      June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                      RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                      Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                      sigpic

Comment

sending good thoughts. Hope everything comes back ok and that recovery is quick.
                        sigpic
                        CHDANTRYDANES SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE- "Moose"
                        Born: April 10,2011

FINISHED IN 1 WEEKEND
                        Bitch-CHDANTRYDANES SHE'S A NATURAL
                        Stud-CHDANTRYDANES OUT OF AZORES

Comment

sending good vibes for y'all.
                          the waiting is hard.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you everyone for sending good vibes our way. Zeke made it through surgery just fine and he just got home. He looks like he had a fight with a razor and scalpel and lost Poor guy. He has 5 different shaved spots with incisions, staples, or sutures; ranging in length from around 1" to around 3-4" long. They all look good, no redness or swelling yet and he seems to be in good spirits and was definately happy to see us and to come home.

All tumors removed are being sent in for pathology and we are really keeping our fingers crossed that they are just benign fatty tumors.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's good news. Prayers to you for more good news to come.
                              Jacki___________________
                              Molly: 4.5 yr old Chihuahua/Dachshund - Fawn
                              Bella: 2.5 yr Dane - Black. Harley: 3 yr Dane - Merle. Oliver: 5 yr old Feline Furball - Grey/White
                              sigpic

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." — Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X