X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are in my thoughts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I haven't posted this yet because just thinking about it makes me sad, but my Loki (10 in July) is going thru this too. Loki went off his food, which is a BIG alarm in our house, about 2 months ago. Tests showed he has poor liver function. His uric acid levels were very low. We did an ultra sound and found the same as you did. Liver is covered in growths. Due to the location of Loki's liver, to do a biopsy we'd have to knock him out completely. This isn't an option with Loki these days. And really even having the cancer diagnoses confirmed with a biopsy wouldnt change the way our vet is treating him due to his age and our view of things. So, Loki is taking Urasil (uric acid) to make up for his liver not making it, milk thistle and Sam-e. We've added wet food to entice him to eat. So far he is still havin more good days than bad. If he had to live at the vets I'd know it was time. Loki's last days will be spent at home with us. Good luck finding he right treatment for your friend. I'll keep you in my thoughts
      sigpicAndre post run, and ready for more!
      Loki 7/2002-3/2013
      Clyde 3/2003-8/2013
      Andre ~5/2006
      Bob the cat

Comment

My big baby is doing as well as expected.
        She doesn't appear to be in pain.

The one thing she IS doing that she didn't do before is demand a spot in the bed with me... Kicking the lab OUT!

Tried staying at the vet with her but they asked me not to because she got so excited she pulled her IVs out.

She's doing well, seems to be happy, energetic and needy. Just wants to have her belly scratched.

I'll look into the milk thistle, she's on a cocktail of about 7 meds right now. But she's happy which is all that matters to me. If it weren't for the fact that she lost about 10lbs you'd never know this dog is sick. Shes eating properly now and just being her self.

I wish I could take her on walks but IMO its just getting to hot to do at night and I leave for work EARLY (I love my pups... but 5am is already too early for me)

so I'm just letting her take it easy.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and advice. Andipanda thank you so much. That is the exact kind of advice I needed to hear. I'm much more ready now (so I think) for the time when it comes. I think I was just so blind sided because she didn't seem to feel bad to me... just a weird distended stomach. I'm keeping an eye on her but I will defintely keep those things in mind... it helps keep the decision objective rather than guessing. Which is hard at such an emotional time.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Thinking of you!

---
          I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cqpr2b
          sigpic
          Jazmin - Great Dane (June 15, 2011)
          Maia - Great Dane/Lab (Nov 2007)
          4 cats - Marvin, Koskie, Xander (Monkey), Alexa

Julius - Great Dane (adopted May 19, 2012, passed away June 20, 2012)
          Tiernan - Great Dane (Feb 13, 2008-Dec 28, 2011)[/I]

Comment

Glad to hear treatment is going well. Spoil the heck of your girl while you have her! That's our plan with Loki
            sigpicAndre post run, and ready for more!
            Loki 7/2002-3/2013
            Clyde 3/2003-8/2013
            Andre ~5/2006
            Bob the cat

Comment

I have nothing to offer, but y'all are in my thoughts.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2
              My Blog: My Fur-Real Life

sigpic

*Jennifer*
              Wife to John, Mom to McKayla and Chris
              Owned by Katie and Rio

Comment

Thinking about you, hope your furkid pulls through. Glad to hear of improvements If this is helpful to you at all, milk thistle is the only supplement the liver transplant team recommends to our liver transplant patients. That's for humans anyways.

Comment

Update:

My Great Dane passed away this past weekend. We're supposed to pick up a dane puppy this weekend. I had so hoped she would stick around long enough to train another.

Comment

Im so sorry to hear that. The night we got our mastiff puppy our 17 year old aussie passed in her sleep. We were hoping shed stick around to train him too. But sadly with her bilogical son passing two weeks prior i think she was ready to go and when we brought home oxford she knew we'd be okay.

A new pup wont replace your other baby. But eventually youll be happy again. Im so sorry for your loss
                    sigpic Little boy!

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to make it any better.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss i hope the new puppy brings some light back into your lives
                        sigpic
                        Crystal
                        Owned by:
                        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
                        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
                        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
                        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

So sorry for your loss, it is never easy
                          sigpicHarper's Mom
                          1 GD,1corgi mix,1chiweeni,2 very crazy kittens picked up on road,3 teenagers
                          RIP Belle

Comment

Working...
                          X