Food recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food recall

Diamond naturals lamb and rice formula has been recalled for concerns it's been contaminated with salmonella. This was delivered to 12 states but thus far no humans or animals have gotten sick.

States: al, fl, ga, ky, mich, Maryland, ny, nc, Ohio, penn, sc, va

Just an FYI
    sigpic
    Crystal
    Owned by:
    Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
    CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
    Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
    Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

I've heard from a couple people who feed Diamond Natural's CHICKEN and rice that their dogs are becoming ill. There has been no recall on that formula but if it were me I'd be keeping the UPC and a sample just in case...
    Julie
    Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
    RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
    Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I never would have known!

Comment

We feed Diamond Naturals BEEF and Rice (not my preference, but it's the only thing my boy will eat on a regular basis).
        He's now battling bloody diarrhea and isn't eating. He's been to the vet and she thinks it's the food--although 2 others here were eating it.

I've been in contact with Diamond, and they will be researching the bag/batch (and sending a refund because I will not use it anymore.)

ETA: it was a new bag, we just started end of last week.
        Last edited by LoveMyDanes; 04-10-2012, 08:28 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Wendy

Libby(lab mix)
        Sky (RIP--April 18, 2012)
        My heart, Angus (RIP Jan 16, 2014)

Comment

Working...
        X