• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Veterinary X-Ray contest...

With myboy's recent thread about what Mabel ate, thought I'd share this:

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.co...cm_mmc=4996256
    Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

This was really interesting! The things dogs will eat. I think the spoons were really surprising!
    sigpic

Comment

I saw that article earlier today - craziness! The tummy full of rocks was so disturbing!

Comment

That gorilla glue one almost made me keel over

Comment

slightly sweaty, panicky almost hyperventilating!!! debating x rays- did I ever recover my sock? Did the insulation come out? where is June old collar?
          sigpic
          Myboy RIP at 2 1/2 product of BYB

Comment

I still wonder how many socks went to the bridge with Thor? No that not what kill him but I know the week before he pass one.

Comment

Reminds me of when Diesel get his x-rays and they saw pea gravel passing through lol. It took them awhile to figure out what those were and the second they showed me I went "oh look at all that pea gravel, looks like it is passing through nicely. Should we be worried?" LOL they said that the pea gravel was no issue because you could see it in all the differant stages of digestion lol.

Ok the last one about the teeth was really gross. I am sorry but if my dog ate my teeth I would not be putting them back in my mouth.
              sigpic
              Beacon 5-7-13
              Brockway 8-20-15
              Dually RIP 4-15-09 to 4-16-13
              Diesel RIP 3-19-06 to 7-3-11
              www.greatdogdesigns.etsy.com for a massive selection of collars perfect for our giant babies

Comment

I don't know how you don't realize that 9 handballs are missing... or 10 pacifiers! whenever anything goes missing at my house the first thing I think of is "OMG did the dog eat it?!?"

Katie, with as much as false teeth cost, I would ask the vet to put them thru their steralizer and put them back in! (My gram's cost about 1500 or something outlandish like that)
                sigpic
                My Crew
                The Danes:
                Ximmy - DOB 11/23/09, Sprocket - Gotcha Day - 8/14/11
                The Cats:
                Kit-ten Rescued 1999 - calico; Banshee Rescued 2007 - Maine Coon Mix; OnzaPous and ReignaPous DOB - 2/17/09 - Maine Coon's
                At the bridge: Thumper, Ditto & Chaos
                ~Dogs and cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.~

Comment

crazy what dogs will eat!!!
                  sigpic
                  Duramax Born 7-25-2011
                  My Gooner

Comment

Katie, with as much as false teeth cost, I would ask the vet to put them thru their steralizer and put them back in! (My gram's cost about 1500 or something outlandish like that)

my dogs chewed mine up into little pieces....got my new plate Friday morning and have put my soaking cup inside the cabinet now...
                    sigpic Shash
                    Flynn always in my heart
                    Artie, Piebald Tempo, Mantle
                    Leo, Harlequin Ch Bella, queen

Comment

That site made me laugh and also reminded me of the time my ex father-in-law's dalmatian tried to pass a Halloween mask. How that thing made it through his system is still beyond me. We were all outside and Chief would squat and try to poop and nothing would come out. He'd run to a different spot and try again...nothing. This went on about 5 or 6 times before I noticed something poking out a bit. My ex-husband looked and said it wasn't poop and that it had hair. He got some gloves and started pulling and out comes an intact rubber Halloween mask...the kind that covers your whole head. I guess one of the neighbor kids had thrown it over the fence. Chief felt GREAT after that thing came out. He ran laps around the yard.

It was the grossest, funniest, most amazing thing I'd ever seen.
                      sigpic
                      RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
                      Levi...born June 29th, 2011
                      Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
                      Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
                      https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

I got a really good foreign body story in one of my veterinary technician magazines a few weeks ago.

https://www.vetlearn.com/_preview?_c...8-0050568d3693

Crazy to think what dogs will eat...
                        sigpic
                        Dreamer, Lennon, and Nathan lounging at Nanny's house.

Of all the things I've lost...I miss my Danes the most..

Comment

Originally posted by lennonsmommy View Post
                          I got a really good foreign body story in one of my veterinary technician magazines a few weeks ago.

https://www.vetlearn.com/_preview?_c...8-0050568d3693

Crazy to think what dogs will eat...
                          WOW! That's amazing, glad Mom & 1 pup survived. Sorry the other pups didn't make it
                          sigpic Brenda
                          RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                          Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

that link was soo cool i had to post it on FB thanks for sharing
                            sigpic
                            xena and her dane friend duchess
                            Heather
                            and Xena the Warrior Dane
                            find us on FB
                            http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

Comment

Working...
                            X