***Lump on Cheeks***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Lump on Cheeks***

Im not sure if it's normal, but do great danes usually have lumpy cheeks? the area below the eyes.

I just noticed this morning that there are 2 lumps on each cheek. more pronounced i guess...

they are symmetrical but i don't know. can you guys check your danes if they have boney cheeks? near below the eyes. i will post some pics.

It's normal. Don't worry. Zeus' are getting more pronounced now that he's lost a little weight with his cancer.
    sigpic
    RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
    Levi...born June 29th, 2011
    Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
    Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

Omg, so as soon as I posted this thread, I just had to check him further, I'm so glad I did! I opened his mouth and there I saw a twig stuck across the roof of his mouth. It must have been there for 4 days he got a hold of some shrubs in the yard last tuesday.
      So the lump was caused by that. Its smaller now. I knew sumthin wasn't right. I'm glad we found it. Hope he'll be fine. He seems relieved.

Comment

Wow! Good thing you checked! Id see your vet for some antibiotics if it roughed up the mouth, the flora in there can get really nasty.
        sigpic
        Crystal
        Owned by:
        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

OMG, glad youg got the stick out!
          sigpic Brenda
          RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
          Presley 8/96 - 11/06