Bluebelle's pseudamonas treatment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluebelle's pseudamonas treatment

You might or not remember that Bluebelle finally was diagnosed 2 months ago with pseudamonas in her nasal cavity. She's been on Cipro 750 mg bid for 8 weeks now and saw the dr again yesterday.
    It seemed to me she was not better or worse but I did notice a spot on her muzzle that seemed tender to her.
    Dr. noticed the tender spot and also that there is a bony structure change right there. An X ray did not show any osteomylitis but the left side is very opaque, maybe even more than the films 2 months ago.
    The plan is to increase her Cipro to 1000mg bid and consider a sinus flap. Her dr is planning to consult with a dr at AU Vet school.
    So I'm asking for anybody's thoughts an experiences with that procedure. I understand it's usually done on horses, my vet tells me outright he's never done it and would send us to Auburn University.
    She is just such a sweet girl and it breaks my heart for her to have so much trouble with this. Please, pray for her.

I am no help with advice but, I wanted you to know that I will be keeping her in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Please keep us updated on this situation. Sending warm to both of you.
    sigpic
    Roxy & Ace

Comment

So sorry you an your girl are going through this I hope you have a fast recovery.
      sigpic
      Justice 9 months
      131 lbs.
      32.5 inches @ shoulder

Comment

poor thing, I hope Auburn can fix her!! I hate pseudomonas, it's a terrible bug!
        sigpic
        Crystal
        Owned by:
        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Just wanted to add my thoughts & prayers. Hope they can get her all fixed up!
          sigpic Brenda
          RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
          Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Prayers go out to you, get well soon
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Everybody, for the love and thoughtfulness. I'll pass it to my girl, too.

Comment

Praying for yall hope she gets better AU is good at what they do she will be in good hands
                sigpic u better love me because its all mine!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love a dane

Comment

Can anybody think of a way to suction some mucous from the back of her throat? She can't cough it out and it won't go down with food. She really sounds like somebody trying to suck the bottom out of a milkshake with a straw. BUT IT"S ALL GONE!!!!

Comment

Poor girl! .. I know you can suck mucas out of babies with those blue plastic balls with the tips on them .. how about a turkey baster?

Sounds weird I know lol .. but they have soft ones.
                    sigpic
                    A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

I would try humidfying a bathroom with hot steam to loosen the mucous. Leave her in there for about 15 minutes and do it every 6-8 hours.
                      sigpic
                      Crystal
                      Owned by:
                      Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
                      CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
                      Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
                      Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Working...
                      X