#$@!!! Coconut oil!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #$@!!! Coconut oil!

I had to leave Gracie and Bobo for 4 hours today for a mandatory work meeting.

So far this week the septic pump has quit, my 2 year old car died and I tried to electrocute myself with the carpet cleaner. DH has been gone out of state on a hunting trip for the last week and will be gone for another week. I did manage to get the carpets cleaned late last night.

Ahem. I return to the house to find trash strewn everywhere, the house phone chewed up, and an empty jar of coconut oil. I had only used 1 tablespoon from the jar. I don't feed it to the dogs, I just use it on my hair.

Apparently, the coconut oil is not settling well. I gave her some Pepto, some Gas-x and some plain dry bread. She seems OK, not hungry, but drinking well, and actively running around the yard. Bowel tones are hyperactive and she is very gassy, with liquid stool.

I could just cry. The smell is incredible.

How do you get GREASY, slimy coconut diarrhea out of the rugs?
    And the oily "freckles" on the walls and furniture where she had gassy blowouts?

I am not angry at her, I thought it would be OK on top of the fridge, I should have been more careful. I am rambling. I just am in disbelief at the smell and the mess.
    I think I am going to open all the windows, turn on fans and go to bed.
    sigpic
    Second hand dogs = first class love!

Originally posted by Veganstein View Post
    And the oily "freckles" on the walls and furniture where she had gassy blowouts?

Oh wow... what an image, oily blowout farts on the walls & furniture?
    I cannot imagine that will be easily removed.
    - Chris
    "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Veganstein View Post
      I think I am going to open all the windows, turn on fans and go to bed.
      Have a big glass of wine too!

So sorry you have to deal with that - it certainly sounds disastrous :/

Comment

Yikes! You might want to google that to find an answer. Dang, you've had a pretty lousy week. Don't let DH know all that has gone on; he might think you can't survive without him around!

Martha
        sigpic

Comment

marley twice ate a whole bottle of olive oil on my rug...one time I was really successful getting it out, the other time I wasnt. I used baking soda and let it suck up the oil (after getting up all I could first).

Comment

Dawn dish soap or similar might work well for the walls since it is designed to cut through grease and oils.

Man i could just give you a hug! light some candles and make some tea or what ever relaxes you.

Comment

I would try Dawn or maybe shampoo. Something that takes grease out of other things.
              Meg
              AeroDanes

Comment

Yes, Dawn dish soap!! I used to use it to get diesel oil out of DH's work pants back in his construction days.

Oh man, I'd come give you a hug, but it sounds smelly over there
                Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                - Anatole France

Comment

plain old talc will soak up the oil from the carpet, even after you clean it again. you might even have luck with it on the walls. I have used it to take even old oil stains from clothing. (My Gram taught me the trick about 40 years ago when I was a pre-teen helping her with her laundry in the wringer washer. She refused to get an automatic machine)

Make sure you use talcum powder, NOT corn starch based.
                  sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Just giving you a big HUG.

Comment

So, I'm curious, how did thing"s turn out? I would have used warm soapy water (Dawn Dish Detergent) on the walls. And I would have no idea for the carpet. Baking soda does sound like a good idea to soak it up. I hope things get better for you. I'm sending HUGS and whishing you lots of LUCK.
                      sigpic
                      Roxy & Ace

Comment

I dogsat my late dober girl's, Smiley, daddy once. It was my birthday and my aunt always bakes everyone 3 dozen cookies of their choice, mine was peanut butter (yum). My BF at the time (this was a really long time ago, 8 years or more) and I were unloading the presents from the car.

my aunt puts the cookies in a large, square cake box (like you get at a mom & pop style bakery) so it kinda looked like a present. He grabbed it along with some other presents and sat them on our bed, and came back out for another armload.

I had let the dogs out to potty while he unloaded the car, and Rusty got finished first, so I let him back in the house. Well, long story short .. I came in and noticed there was no rusty in the living room .. so I called for him .. he came trotting out of my bedroom. Crumbs alllll over his muzzle. HMM, strange .. then it hit me .. COOKIES!

Well .. running to the bedroom did me absolutely no good .. he ate them all, all 3 dozen. It couldn't have been longer than 3-4 minutes either. We called the vet, and all he did was sorta laugh and warn me of what was to come.

We had poop everywhere for the next week, and OMG the gas. If it hadn't been December, and frigidly cold, I honestly thought about putting him outside in the yard it was so raunchy.

I supose it was all the Crisco she used in the cookies (very un-healthy but oh so yummy .. mm). His owner came back to town .. riiight after his tummy got back to normal. Lucky her! She didn't have to smell or clean it up.

From then on .. I made sure "I" am the one to get the cookies out of the car and promtly put them on top of the fridge, still do til this day! haha
                        sigpic
                        A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Well, Miss Gracie had to go out approximately 50 times last night, but by this morning her stomach had settled down.

She is eating and running around being her usual brainless self.

The baking soda followed by Dawn dish soap worked pretty well on the carpet. I am going to follow it with Nature's Miracle once the carpet dries.

I am afraid that I am going to have to repaint the living room. The Dawn got the poop off, but the oil stained through to the sheet rock.

Thanks to all of you for your hugs and comfort. Between the car, the septic and this, I had hit my breaking point.

I just need to keep remembering that the car is under warranty, the septic pump will be replaced this week and at least Gracie survived her foray into adventurous dining!
                          sigpic
                          Second hand dogs = first class love!

Comment

If you repaint, you may want to put on a coat of Kilz or such first. Also, paper towels and a warm iron might soak up some of the oil from the walls. (Just don't tell anyone you're ironing your walls! I've ironed parts of the kitchen cabinets to minimize scratches.)

It never rains.....

mp

Comment

I'm glad Gracie's tummy is better today and that you were able to minimize the carpet spots.

The Kilz or even Bin Spray (alcohol based so it dries very fast) both will block the oil, but the Bin works best on oily stains.

The septic pump I know all about. We had to replace our grinder/pump on New Year's Day, laying in the snow to haul the nasty thing out of the pit, then taking all the piping off to put on the new pump. Back on our bellies in the stinkin snow to get it back in and hooked up. BLECH!!!

You have earned the Crappiest Week Award (Pun intended!)
                              sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Working...
                              X